29 years married, 35 together

ChrisL
Go to solution Solved by MoseySusan,

2 hours ago, Scrapr said:

Congratulations!

Was there some "challenging" years in there? Or was it all bliss & bluebirds?

Lots of external struggles but not so much with the relationship.  Like any marriage there are times when we wanted to strangle each other but no real drama in our marriage.

We met young (she was 17, I was 21) and we had a lot to sort out  and did have a long distance relationship for a year.  But once we made the commitment to each other it has gone well. 

18 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

In case you/anyone was wondering I just got a case of the fat fingers on marking your post the solution… 

You can change it. But I like to think my expression of joy at your anniversary was somehow more meaningful than the others. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Let me guess:  during home remodel? 

She would ask my opinion on things and then get mad at me as they weren’t what she thought we should do! 😂. I finally just told her do what you want in the design and if I really hate it I’ll let you know.  But picking between 6 different shades of similar wall color or 3 floor samples that all look the same was mind numbing for me.

I think why we work together so well is she is a careful planner who will plan every detail.  But she hates making the big picture decisions.  I generally provide the big picture and budget number and then she goes to work. 

• Heart 1

27 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Do you know who she is yet?  Better yet, have you learned a few things about yourself??

I’m continually reminded of my inability to read her mind so I probably don’t know who she is yet either!

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

She would ask my opinion on things and then get mad at me as they weren’t what she thought we should do! 😂. I finally just told her do what you want in the design and if I really hate it I’ll let you know.  But picking between 6 different shades of similar wall color or 3 floor samples that all look the same was mind numbing for me.

I think why we work together so well is she is a careful planner who will plan every detail.  But she hates making the big picture decisions.  I generally provide the big picture and budget number and then she goes to work. 

WoW and I are pretty much on the same page. We have similar tastes. I trust her on color choices and she trusts me on many of the design aesthetics. When we disagree, I tend to give in to her unless I really feel strongly about something. If I really stand my ground, she will know I’m seeing something she doesn’t. 
When we painted the bedroom, we got down to 2 colors. She wanted the cooler color tone and I wanted the warmer one. She finally just said ok. Fine. We can always repaint! She walked into the room when I was about half done, looked around, said “I hate it when you’re right.” and walked out!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

Congratulations...

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

I’m continually reminded of my inability to read her mind

I've been know to tell WoBG... 'I'm still not telepathic.'    Yeah... that doesn't generally help the situation. 

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

We survived building a new home.  After that... we figured we could most likely survive just about anything. 

• Heart 1