cool butt

bikeman564™

I just discovered where the buttons are that turn on my heated leather seats. Probably won’t need them much until fall. Dashboards are complicated these days. I programmed my car to unlock all the doors when I remove the key. It was only unlocking the driver’s door. I did this from buttons on the steering wheel.

• Heart 3

32 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Getting into my Malibu yesterday when leaving work...damn these leather seats is hot. Then I thought 💡I have cooled seats :facepalm: So I turned them on. It seems like it helped. Air blows oot of the perforations:skipping: I was always against getting leather seats. But these features make it better I think.

Heated and cooled seats are the best thing ever.  I don't know why they aren't fitted in long range aircraft.  At least in the crew seats! :) 

• Heart 2

14 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

when I remove the key

Key?   That's one of things I like about my Prius no key.   I drove it so much when I worked, I'd get into the Subaru and reach up and want to press Start.  Of course the Subaru doesn't have a start button and needs a key. 

4 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Key?   That's one of things I like about my Prius no key.   I drove it so much when I worked, I'd get into the Subaru and reach up and want to press Start.  Of course the Subaru doesn't have a start button and needs a key. 

After I shut off my Malibu, I reach for the key...that'll be a hard habit to break I reckon. I dated a girl in mid 2000s, she had a Prius and that was the first keyless car I seen.

• Heart 1

I never found my leather seats in my Subie and now the Mazda to be hot but I use a sun shade.  I really prefer leather as it’s easier to keep clean.   

I haven’t tried the butt cooler yet in the Mazda, maybe I should test it. 

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, smudge said:

I love heated seats. Sometimes in summer when my back is hurting I turn on just the back portion of the seat. Ahhhhhhh....

I found that when its cool out, not cold. Turning on the heated seats is just enough to be comfy, w/o hot air blowing in. Also, the heated steering wheels is sweet.

On 5/10/2022 at 7:46 AM, bikeman564™ said:

Getting into my Malibu yesterday when leaving work...damn these leather seats is hot. Then I thought 💡I have cooled seats :facepalm: So I turned them on. It seems like it helped. Air blows oot of the perforations:skipping: I was always against getting leather seats. But these features make it better I think.

Do they warm them, too?

I was watching a rerun of Two and Half Men yesterday and Jake was driving Charlie's car.  Jake said, "My butt is getting warm," and Charlie replied, "That's cause you turned the seat warmer on."

Jake said, "That's good.  I thought I was getting another case of swamp butt!"

• Haha 1