Would you still go on this vacation?

Kirby

I was reading an article about the three deaths and one severe injury at the Bahamas Sandals resort.  They still don't know the cause, but are now investigating complaints about a strong insecticide odor.   In the article, they interviewed some other people who were still at the resort.

I know I look forward to my vacations, and its frustrating to cancel or change plans at the last minute, but if I were at the resort, I think I would leave right away, or not go if I hadn't left for the trip yet.  But I can see that if you are there and having a good time that you think this is an isolated incident and that thousands of other people had no issue.

So what about you?  Would you stay or would you go now?

I would leave the resort. It is a foreign country after all and I can't expect local procedures /laws same as back in Canada. Also I have no protection as a tourist: that's my status there. Not really when I'm outside of Canada. Things get far more complicated when you are just a tourist. Who cares how much money you paid to vacation there.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

Would you stay or would you go now?

If I were there and this happened I would likely stay. If I had a trip scheduled for the near future I’d reschedule for another destination. I did go to the DR in the midst of their mysterious death streak, although I wouldn’t have except it was a destination wedding for a friend of my wife. A lot of people did cancel on the wedding last minute, but we felt obligated to attend.

• Heart 1