I don't like having to stir peanut butter

Kirby

When I eat peanut butter, I try to be good and get the kind without too much added stuff - just ground peanuts.  But stirring peanut butter annoys me.  No matter how much I stir, the first half of the jar is always too liquidy and the bottom half is too dry. :angry:

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Kirby said:

When I eat peanut butter, I try to be good and get the kind without too much added stuff - just ground peanuts.  But stirring peanut butter annoys me.  No matter how much I stir, the first half of the jar is always too liquidy and the bottom half is too dry. :angry:

The obvious solution is double ended peanut butter jars.  :) 

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Kirby said:

No matter how much I stir, the first half of the jar is always too liquidy and the bottom half is too dry. :angry:

And no matter how careful I am, I will end up with at least one stream of oil running down the side, making it slippery for as long as the jar hangs around.  I have a peanut butter sandwich (with a banana on the side) for lunch most weekdays.

• Heart 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

And no matter how careful I am, I will end up with at least one stream of oil running down the side, making it slippery for as long as the jar hangs around.

Yes!

• Heart 1

56 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Um  I've never done what  you had to do. Last time peanut butter at home was well, 40 yrs. ago.

• Confused 1

I say give it up and embrace better living through chemistry. You can buy the stuff labeled natural that still has added oil and emulsifiers or whatever to make it homogenous and silky smooth if you still want to feel virtuous. :)  That is how the Seabury household rolls. :)
But ahspose if it uses palm oil we should all eschew it

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

If you buy it from a place that makes it fresh it doesn’t have time to separate. I get it from a place that grinds the nuts daily. If it does start to separate it stirs easily. I also buy Smuckers and it does like you say but I don’t mind. I like it thick so I dump the oil off the top and stir the rest.

• Heart 2

48 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

If you buy it from a place that makes it fresh it doesn’t have time to separate. I get it from a place that grinds the nuts daily. If it does start to separate it stirs easily. I also buy Smuckers and it does like you say but I don’t mind. I like it thick so I dump the oil off the top and stir the rest.

I’ve never heared of a place like that! 

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

I say give it up and embrace better living through chemistry. You can buy the stuff labeled natural that still has added oil and emulsifiers or whatever to make it homogenous and silky smooth if you still want to feel virtuous. :)  That is how the Seabury household rolls. :)
But ahspose if it uses palm oil we should all eschew it

I bought the no stir by mistake and the taste was nasty.

I don't mind stirring.  I just hate that the jar says "NO NEED TO STIR!!!" and you have to stir it.

That was actually a big thing decades ago, when they finally figured out how to pastuerize it so you didn't have to stir daily to keep the bacteria from forming.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Yes that is indeed true.   But we like the simple stuff.

Super Crunchy 13.2oz Nutritional Information

simplicity sucks.. buy foods that have words that you can not pronounce and enjoy the reason for working out. 

• Heart 2

39 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Jif
Made From Roasted Peanuts And Sugar, Contains 2% Or Less Of: Molasses, Fully Hydrogenated Vegetable Oils (Rapeseed And Soybean), Mono And Diglycerides, Salt.

Teddie Organic
Dry Roasted Peanuts, Salt

No oil lake floating on top.  Priceless.

There are quality of life issues involved here.  I don't feel like suffering to have natural peanut butter.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Kirby said:

• Heart 2

10 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Did everybody eat Jif as a kid?  Was nobody a Skippy family?

Jiff was our PB.  I'm sure we must have tried Skippy, but Jiff was our 'go to' PB.   

Kind of like Coke vs Pepsi.   Then again, I gave up Coke because I could not pronounce the ingredients.

2 hours ago, KrAzY said:

buy foods that have words that you can not pronounce

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Did everybody eat Jif as a kid?  Was nobody a Skippy family?:dontknow:

That’s what the parents bought.  There was never a jar of Skippy in our house.  My brother and I ate a whole bunch of PB&Js growing up.  Jif, Welch’s grape on WonderBread.

• Heart 1

Whenever I went on a trip with my parents when I was an adult, they'd be a snack bag that usually contained fixings for whisky sours (or wine) and peanut butter on saltines. You had to use skippy for that because there's no stirring peanut butter with a plastic knife in a hotel room. :nodhead:

44 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Jiff was our PB.  I'm sure we must have tried Skippy, but Jiff was our 'go to' PB.   

Kind of like Coke vs Pepsi.   Then again, I gave up Coke because I could not pronounce the ingredients.

I was a Kraft, Skippy and farmers' market peanut butter kid.

• Heart 1