Hole foods

Longjohn

I thought this was going to be about donuts.  :(

I've gone to the Whole Foods near me a few times and like a number of their soups and prepared meals.  They're more expensive than making it yourself, but it also allows for more variety since I don't have to buy a bunch of ingredients for one meal.

• Heart 4

9 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I've gone to the Whole Foods near me a few times and like a number of their soups and prepared meals.  They're more expensive than making it yourself, but it also allows for more variety since I don't have to buy a bunch of ingredients for one meal.

They had some interesting stuff in their prepared food freezer. I didn’t take the time to read the labels because I wasn’t going to buy any frozen food anyway. I buy very little prepared food and none without reading the label. I avoid most fats and sodium, limit sugar.

I don’t make a trip for them, but the one in Chandler has a decent fresh seafood selection. They have a couple baking flours that WoW wanted to try without buying a ridiculous volume for the 2 of us. 
They have some tortillas made from heirloom corn that were discussed on Splendid Table a while back. They do have a more distinct corn flavor than the traditional corn tortillas at the stores. There are other things I want to try some time. Prices weren’t awful. 

Whole Foods has a reputation for being really expensive, but I think it's only expensive if you're not careful.

Still - I can get a lot of the same stuff cheaper at Wegmans, plus beer and liquor.

But who cares - this is the most important thing and it makes me smile. 

8 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Another great time doing ordinary things with a special person. I am very happy.

• Thank You 1

8 hours ago, Kirby said:

Or bagels

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, TrentonMakes said:

Still - I can get a lot of the same stuff cheaper at Wegmans, plus beer and liquor.

They had quite a selection of craft beer. I was almost tempted but I’m doing so well without any alcohol that I didn’t want to chance it.

• Heart 2

11 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I can’t say I’ve never been to one now. Nancy’s sister and brother in law are coming for a visit for about a week. She needed to get a few groceries so while we were waiting for Itsaso to finish her basketball practice in Akron I suggested we try Whole Foods. We also stopped at Mustard Seed market. Mustard Seed market was definitely for a certain type of people that was not us. Lots of organic, gluten free, vegan, toefoo type products. We did each buy a big bottle of organic cold pressed extra virgin olive oil at a good price.

Whole foods was better. They did have a lot of that stuff too. Their prices were about the same as my LGS. Nancy bought some Pete’s coffee. She doesn’t drink any caffeine but bought it for her brother in law. I bought some dark chocolate with hot peppers in it. Ate it on the drive home.

After getting the few items she needed we tried a barbecue place that we had never been to. They were really busy with take out orders for door dash and such. It took a long time to get our food but it was very good when we got it. We ate outside because it was beautiful evening. We had the whole patio to ourselves.

When we were finished I ordered take out for Itsaso. She ate it in the car on the way home from practice. Another great time doing ordinary things with a special person. I am very happy.

Peet's Major Dickason's Blend is sold in a lot of stores, expensive but not extravagantly so, yet it's one of the high rated coffees at coffeereview.com.

Occasionally, I'll splurge and order coffee from Peet's online where the coffees are typically $18-$20/lb.  The one called Arabian Mocha - Java Blend is worth it!

• Awesome 1