Lunch and Dead People

Zealot

@Zephyr, your post in the awake at night thread reminded me of this. Do you ever ‘feel’ the presence of someone before you see them? 

Mrs Z and I had lunch a couple days ago. Where we sat was near an exit, with no booths or tables behind us. Pretty much where we always sit when we eat at this particular establishment. 

It was an unsettling lunch. Mostly because I could feel the presence of someone over my shoulder for most of the meal. But there was no one there. I literally looked over my shoulder at least a dozen times expecting to tell someone to back off. 

Was weird. 

Haven't had that experience yet.

I did have an incredible once upon a time. It was premonition of a foreign trip. 

When I was in  Greece, in a suburb of Athens,  which was a wealthy area for Arab ex-pats, I exclaimed to my friends:  "I dreamt this!".  I really did..over a month before I went to Greece for lst time ever.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Zealot said:

@Zephyr, your post in the awake at night thread reminded me of this. Do you ever ‘feel’ the presence of someone before you see them? 

Mrs Z and I had lunch a couple days ago. Where we sat was near an exit, with no booths or tables behind us. Pretty much where we always sit when we eat at this particular establishment. 

It was an unsettling lunch. Mostly because I could feel the presence of someone over my shoulder for most of the meal. But there was no one there. I literally looked over my shoulder at least a dozen times expecting to tell someone to back off. 

Was weird. 

I've occasionally had the feeling someone unseen was watching me, but never real close.

I have dreams where I interact in normal ways with people who are dead in real life but I never realize in the dreams that they're supposed to be dead.

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, groupw said:

I do believe there is something to it. Sometimes I will think of someone I haven’t thought of for a while. More often than not, I will see or hear from them not long after. 

For myself..it is having contact from friends within close timing of one another after not hearing from any of them for months and no event to precipitate their individual outreach to me. It's like individual flowers tossed my way to catch one by one...as make a bouquet at a point of time.

It become noticeable when one lives in different locations across  a country.