I hate summer.

Digital_photog

I’m not trying to rub anyone’s nose in our great weather but am thinking back to the Lake Mead post.  Yeah the southwest is dry & overcrowded but for the most part our winters are mild and summers do not suck.  

There is a certain appeal to our weather which explains in part why we are developing arid areas. 

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

Stinking hot and humid. And it isn't even summer yet. 

Yeah...  it was 90 yesterday, and today, and it will be 90 again tomorrow and 88 on Friday. 

Tonight the low temp will be 73.  That's 2 degrees above the normal high temp.  :(

I had finally had to turn on the AC in the home this evening. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

Stinking hot and humid. And it isn't even summer yet.  :angry:

We've had highs in the 60's and 70's so far in May.  By June there will some 90's day when school may be canceled because it's "too hot for the kids to walk home."

I don't remember any reports of kids keeling over in 90's heat when I was 8 years-old walking a mile home -uphill - with a book bag slung over my shoulder.  That was a 15-20 minute walk: now they're worried about kids going that long in the heat without a water bottle!

We've got the Chesapeake Bay running up through the middle of the state and we get very high humidity in the summer.

When I was younger - up to my 50's - it didn't bother me so much in the summer and I counted 14 days in one summer where I bothered to run the central air unit.  But it's a daily necessity now, especially July and August.

Yeah, I was looking forward to the warmer temps. Getting out on the motorbike, driving the Miata. Then two hot steamy days near 90, with a few more to come all in a row,  brought me back to reality. We don't get the mild 70+- degree temp springs anymore. It goes from wet and cold straight into hot and buttery. And I hear they still have spotty ice and snow five hours north. :dontknow:

We haven’t seen any noticeable humidity levels yet. The weather so far has be reasonably nice; mid 50’s overnight, 70ish during the days. The heat and humidity haven’t arrived yet though I did warn the new neighbors that it’s coming. They were saying how nice the weather was. Ladies, you’ve been here two days.