Best use of flute in popular music

jsharr

Does it get much better than the flute in The Marshall Tucker Band's "Can't You see"?

@Dottles gets credit for this thread.  I am doing affiliate payments and listening to Southern Cross Radio on Pandora and this song came on and then I thought of the thread where dottles mentioned the MTB and Heard It in a Love song.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, 12string said:

Marshall Tucker is "popular"?  what time machine do you have?

Try Lizzo.  

(Marshall Tucker's use of flute is WAY better!)

thought about using modern?  Need a term to encompass the 60s to present.  Maybe just rock music? 

• Heart 1

I love the flute bridge, at 2:05 in the video below, in the Moody Blues "Nights in White Satin."

For classical music, I think the 2nd movement of Mozart's "Concerto for Flute and Harp" K.299 is the most beautiful music ever written!  In the movie "Amadeus," they play the part where the harp begins - about 0:48 in the 2nd video - when Royal Composer Salieri is looking through Mozart's sheetmusic and says, "Here again was the very voice of God!" (bottom video). t was originally commissioned by an Austrian or German nobleman, to be played by him and his daughter.  People with no radios, TV's, etc. had to make their own music back in the 1700's and many people were excellent musicians!

I found the Salieri scene with Mozart's sheet music.  The actress playing Mozart's wife, Elizabeth Berridge, said she cant stand Marzipan - that was in the candy she's eating in the scene and which had to be shot a few times!