You're our most sr. team member

shootingstar

..I was told this by boss since someone of 20 yrs. with our team left for  8 month assignment elsewhere.

I've only been with my employer for almost 12 yrs. That's teenage yrs. compared to others in organization.

I reminded her...that I still didn't know much about 1 of our service lines...ie. software module that covers paper files.:whistle: My expertise with this employer, has been 95% digital records/content and how to structure /design the system accordingly.  I also teach on the latter.

I should try to know more in the other area since we do get short-staffed in that area of support  expertise, but have enough challenges with  what I need to deliver in my own area and mentor others. Besides the demand of the organization continues to be digital and  it's accelerating since covid.

• Like 2

It's still nice that they seem to appreciate your experience, and good employees will always look for ways to  adapt and grow their skills (or so I hear :whistle:)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Kirby said:

It's still nice that they seem to appreciate your experience, and good employees will always look for ways to  adapt and grow their skills (or so I hear :whistle:)

Meanwhile I spent half an hr. today drafting an email to send out on Mon. because I had no time to think through a problem on this coming Mon. I came across my eureka early this morning.

In a way, boss may not know exactly, but I believe I am the most sr. team member..in real age years. Someone else might be a few months younger than I.