What a week!

groupw

Yeah.  That hurts.  Daughter is cut and you stay while you feel fortunate (I think) not to be let go.  But many of the fine folks you know may be.  It's like on one hand your glad it didn't hit you but hanging around a slashed and gashed organization doesn't feel good either.  Hopefully it works out for you sooner than later.  Thoughts with daughter.

• Heart 1

Potential jobs are great, but losing a job is a kick in the teeth. I’m glad you were there for her while management was simultaneously talking to her and shutting off her access, which would be very unsettling. Could you wait until we leave the room before turning out the light?! 

• Heart 2

8 hours ago, groupw said:

I haven’t been on much the last week. We flew back to NE for MIL’s 85th birthday. Almost the entire side of the family was able to attend as well as my mom and potential SIL’s mom for Mother’s Day. 
As well as catching up with several friends, we also went to a few food and beverage places we missed. All was going well until Tuesday. 
We were wandering downtown looking at some street art when oldest daughter said we needed to go back to the BnB. At first I thought she just needed a restroom as her stomach had been a bit upset that day. She told me to read my work email. Our company laid off 2500 employees. My email had an attached email from our VP that our area was safe. However daughter was supposed to be in a zoom meeting and couldn’t connect. She was trying to get answers from leadership and the information was conflicting.  I reached out to my manager since we would actually doing to terminations in the system. He asked her name and I gave it to him. After a few minutes, he replied she would be getting a message from her manager. At that moment her company apps on her phone went dead. An hour later her manager finally let her know the obvious. 
Out flight back wasn’t until Wednesday. We all put on a brave face only letting a few very close friends know what happened. We did not let family know because MIL would get panicky! Daughter already has 5 new job leads so we’ll let her know when she has a new job. 
Even though I came back after the fact, the mood in the office was stressed to say the least. Many people reached out to make sure daughter and I were doing ok. 
On top of all this, I got some mix of allergies and head cold. I can function but I am toast at the end of the day. WoW and I normally do date night on Fridays. Tonight that ended up being a couple food trucks and bringing the food home to eat there! WoW has been sleeping since about 9:30. I’ll be in bed before 11:00! Did I mentioned we made no weekend plans?

Wow. She will get a  job. She has a great future ahead of her.

Glad you could be around to support her.

• Heart 1