Pizza

Parsnip Totin Jack

Looks good.  I may make pizza tomorrow, depending how tired I am from yard work.  Today's supper is the last half of a pepper steak and onion, pork fried rice, and shrimp roll combo from a good local Chinese carryout.

I've finally gotten through the 14 oz. jar of Prego Pizza Sauce and the 14.5 can of Cento Crushed Tomatoes - two pizzas each - and the comparisons with spaghetti sauce and my next pizzas will start into the 15 oz. cans of Contadina Pizza Sauce I got 12/$14.90 from Amazon.  I hope it's as good as it's rated.

I usually make dough for two 12" pizzas at a time and store half in the fridge, so I'll use 1/2 a can of Contadina Sauce on the first of each two and weigh out the other 7.5 oz. into the clean Prego jar which with also go in the fridge until I'm ready to make the 2nd pizza within a week or so.

I usually also add 5 oz. mozzarella, a diced slice of a large sweet onion, 9 Bridgford turkey pepperoni slices, 4 half-ounce frozen meatballs thawed and cut in thirds. After cooking, I kick-it-up-a-notch with sprinkles of garlic powder and Parmesan cheese.  4 of the 6 slices are for dinner and the other 2 are saved for lunch.

• Heart 1