Not how I planned to spend the day

Kirby

3 minutes ago, Kirby said:

On the plus side, after I got the tires I went to the grocery store across the street and they had Squirt!  The official soda of summer if you can still find it in stores.  It tastes just like my childhood summers. :nodhead:

Is that the grapefruit flavored drink?  I think I had it a few times.  

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Is that the grapefruit flavored drink?  I think I had it a few times.  

Yup. 

We used to get it in these heavy glass bottles in a big wood crate up in the Catskills and you'd return the empties to the bottler when you got your next order.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, smudge said:

It's on our shelves locally year round. Love it!

So, did you get a new tire or what? 

New tires and Squirt.  A satisfactory day!

• Heart 3

3 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I love new taar day. It’s one of those bitter sweet days where you hate parting with the cash but I love the  way my truck drives after new taars. Almost like new TV day!

You don’t need to spend the money on new tires to get that feeling, all you have to do is change the oil or wash it to improve the way it drives.

• Heart 3

28 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

There is some truth to that. We recently did the inside of my truck. I pulled the seats out. We vacuumed 200,000 miles worth of French fries, beach sand, softball dirt and fast food straw wrappers out of it. Wiped it all down and cleaned the seats really well. It drove like a brand new truck after that. 

Agreed. I don't use my old truck much. So its easy for me to keep it looking immaculate and "feeling" new. Its killing me that it needs to sleep outside now and its covered with yellow tree pollen. Which reminds me, I have a new pressure washer. :happyanim:

A pic wearing it's new shoes/tires.

dakota 3.jpg

• Heart 3

8 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Agreed. I don't use my old truck much. So its easy for me to keep it looking immaculate and "feeling" new. Its killing me that it needs to sleep outside now and its covered with yellow tree pollen. Which reminds me, I have a new pressure washer. :happyanim:

dakota 3.jpg

Always loved that body style. 

• Heart 2

44 minutes ago, smudge said:

Four new tires?? And you didn't spend weeks chosing just the right brand and model.....? I could never do that. You are very brave. 

And you have good taste in soda/pop.

Round, rubbery, the correct size and not the most expensive. Bam!  Done!  

1 hour ago, smudge said:

Four new tires?? And you didn't spend weeks chosing just the right brand and model.....? I could never do that. You are very brave. 

And you have good taste in soda/pop.

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Wait a minute here….. you went to the tire store with one tire with a slow leak and they sold you 4 new ones to fix the leak?

* scratches head *

This is why I'm so confused. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Wait a minute here….. you went to the tire store with one tire with a slow leak and they sold you 4 new ones to fix the leak?

* scratches head *

1 hour ago, smudge said:

This is why I'm so confused. 

Depending on the age of the tire, and the car manufacturer, it might be recommended.  These all-wheel drive systems are complicated. 

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

There is some truth to that. We recently did the inside of my truck. I pulled the seats out. We vacuumed 200,000 miles worth of French fries, beach sand, softball dirt and fast food straw wrappers out of it. Wiped it all down and cleaned the seats really well. It drove like a brand new truck after that. 

That is also how I go to view new cars without a salesman disrupting me. I tell them my car is in service (well I did park in the service/parts area and walk over to the showroom area) and want to enjoy some fresh air rather than sitting in the service waiting area reading old magazines. Works like a charm...even the showrooms with a "greeter" that have to walk through the showroom and exit out to get on the car lot.

Just FYI...Wawa has free air.

Also, if the tire place filled with nitrogen, Costco converted their nitrogen fill from drive up to service bay to self-serve pumps. My tires replaced at Costco have nitrogen by default because that is all they use. Just replaced wife's tires at another place last month and have regular air. Wondering??? Should I drop the PSI to 20-25 range, drive to Costco and fill to spec, repeat two or three time and have nitrogen in wife's Fiat. :whistle: 

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, Tizeye said:

Just FYI...Wawa has free air.

Also, if the tire place filled with nitrogen, Costco converted their nitrogen fill from drive up to service bay to self-serve pumps. My tires replaced at Costco have nitrogen by default because that is all they use. Just replaced wife's tires at another place last month and have regular air. Wondering??? Should I drop the PSI to 20-25 range, drive to Costco and fill to spec, repeat two or three time and have nitrogen in wife's Fiat. :whistle: 

I think you should use helium, cut down on the unstrung weight and make the car handle better.

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, team scooter said:

dakota 3.jpg

Yours is a lot purdier than mine! It’s been outside its entire life. Rust is showing up on the bed wheel wells. We had a hailstorm about 7 years ago. Given the age, they totaled my pickup even though the damage wasn’t that bad. I bought it back and have a salvage title with liability only. It does work and has some scratches and a couple dents.I still like it better than most any other pickup available. 

• Heart 2

21 hours ago, Kirby said:

When I got in the car earlier this week, I had a low pressure warning light so I went to the local station and "Vito" helped fill my tires with air.  Vito was a little annoyed because I didn't line the car up properly in front of the air machine so I blocked the bays and the area for gas.  But he was very nice and helpful and didn't charge anything, although I insisted on giving him something so I could at least buy lunch.

But today rhe light was on again so instead of going to the park as planned, I went to the tire place.  I was praying the tire wouldn't go flat before I got there, and was very relieved when I made it. They said it would take a couple hours if I wanted to wait, and since I didn't want to bother anyone for a ride, I just hung out.  I had a book to read, but it was an interesting few hours of people watching.  There was an elderly lady who was incredibly excited to kill an hour at the Burger King up the road.   I think this gave her an excuse to ditch the healthy eating for the day. And a guy who was having much too much fun in the kid's toy area playing with the toys that didn't interest his kid at all.

My day didn't go as planned, but at least i could drive home without fear of a flat tire.

Here is what I keep in my car.  It's relatively quiet, fast at adding pressure to a tire even if it's mostly flat, and plugs into the 12V socket (formerly the "cigarette lighter plug").

I got this one that has a connector that screws straight-on to the tire's air valve because there's not enough room around my hubcaps to use one of the other types that have a right-angled opening that snaps onto the valve.  Otherwise, I'd get one of the pumps with a snap-on connector.  I have it automatically set for 36 psi - what fitfreak.com commenters recommend and it pumps until it gets there then shuts off.

image.thumb.png.ecbe42e13397cb5b6dc886c479ee539f.png

• Heart 2

I actually have 2 different versions of compressors in my car, but this experience identified that I'm not very good at using them.

The tires were due to be replaced before my next inspection anyway, so it made sense to do them with one trip to the tire store.  Plus it is 4 wheel drive.

• Heart 1