What are you most afraid of?

Square Wheels

I'm afraid of heights but lately I've started having bad dreams about being caught in a small space and not being able to maneuver to get out.  The latter is understandable as I had an experience like that while in the service and perhaps old man memories have floated it up near the top again.

• Heart 3

Not exactly afraid of but concerned about and respect for big trucks on the interstate. I drive it about every day on probably the busiest highway going east to west. I’ve seen what happens when cars and semis collide at 70 mph. It’s not pretty. I always try to make room for them when they need to change lanes and when I pass them I try to get it over with quickly and not drive along side them for miles.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Not exactly afraid of but concerned about and respect for big trucks on the interstate. I drive it about every day on probably the busiest highway going east to west. I’ve seen what happens when cars and semis collide at 70 mph. It’s not pretty. I always try to make room for them when they need to change lanes and when I pass them I try to get it over with quickly and not drive along side them for miles.

I suspect your past experience plays into this. 

• Heart 1

Heights.   

Climbing a 25 foot ladder to paint my old one scared me a LOT.   But I got it done.     There is one window on my new home that I needed the ladder to wash.  I decided the window still looks clean to me.

Then again... going for a hot air balloon in Sedona and probably 1000 feet (or more) above the ground in an open air basket... I was OK.  :wacko:

4 hours ago, Allen said:

Bridges and tall buildings. 

Book me a room on the thirtieth floor and I’ll sleep in a booth in the lobby lounge. 

I can understand this.  When in Singapore a few years ago we had a room that high at the Marina Bay Sands.  I stepped out onto our balcony to take some pictures of the Singapore harbor and suddenly had a panic attack.  I had to lean back against out window and slide across till I could get the door open behind me and back into the room.  That was not fun even though the pics were pretty good.

• Heart 2

I'm most afraid of vehicles approaching or passing me not paying attention and running into me.

I've witnessed enough cases of bad drivers that I think that's a rational fear.  I've also been so tempted to retaliate that I have to calm myself down so that road rage doesn't cause me to ram the son of a bitches.

I go out of my way to slow down or stop and pull toward the side or a small road to let approaching cars pass.

When someone is flying at 80-90 mph on an expressway and is weaving between lanes, I make sure I'm not going to get cut-off by the fool - I've seen them begin to move into my lane before they've passed my car.