G needs bigger taars

bikeman564™

So I like it.  A lot of cool things going on there.  Love the wrap.  Big fan of the cammo patterns like that.  That is a straight looking XJ.  I wonder why he has it sat up on those taars?  Those are really too big for anything except just mudding.  But that rig looks a little nice for mudding.  Probably just for looks and "cool factor".  I would be curious to know what axles and gears he is running.  Those taars are way big for the stock axles.  

• Heart 1

This is from the youtube channel that I follow.  Matt's off Road Recovery.  If you don't follow it, you should.  Best channel on the youtubes.  He has 40" taars and takes it everywhere.  Sand, rocks, etc.  4 link front and rear suspension.  One ton Ford Truck axles.  Those on the pic you posted look way bigger than Matt's 40's. @UglyBob subscribes to him too.  If both I and Uglybob subscribe it must be a good channel. 

Have Any Of The Upgrades Been Worth It? - YouTube

• Heart 3

4 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

This is from the youtube channel that I follow.  Matt's off Road Recovery.  If you don't follow it, you should.  Best channel on the youtubes.  He has 40" taars and takes it everywhere.  Sand, rocks, etc.  4 link front and rear suspension.  One ton Ford Truck axles.  Those on the pic you posted look way bigger than Matt's 40's. @UglyBob subscribes to him too.  If both I and Uglybob subscribe it must be a good channel. 

Have Any Of The Upgrades Been Worth It? - YouTube

Totally agree that Matt's is the best channel on the Youtubes.

I'm only running 31s on Crusty. He had 33s when I got him, but he really needs lower gearing to get the best use out of them. I might go back to the bigger taars in the future after dropping the axel ratios.

On the 33s:

20210221_150103.thumb.jpg.e0eaf0e41ff067b353e2264559c8cf83.jpg

On 31s:

20220131_120948.thumb.jpg.cde604a8072246ccac51001687a6bee7.jpg

• Heart 1