So Kia called me today

jsharr

10 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

hey put the plates on and told him to take the car, and that the registration/title was in the works.  Crazy, but this was back in the 80's.

But he still paid for the car??   And then abandoned the car.  :scratchhead:

5 hours ago, jsharr said:

Wanted to know if I still owned the Kia Forte!!!!  I told them yes, sort of, as it had been sitting on their lot for the last 7 months waiting for an engine, but if he wanted to look at, he could just walk out back to the service storage lot and that it only had 700 more miles on it than when we bought it last August.  I might ask them what they would pay for it!  

My Kia is 3 years old now, and about once every two weeks, I get an email from the dealership telling me they want to buy it back. They have almost no inventory on the used lot.

• Heart 1

• 1 year later...
27 minutes ago, jsharr said:

So far the car has run very well.  Ryan keeps up with the oil changes and other than him running into a curb and doing some suspension damage, we have not had another problem with the car.  Overall safisfied, other than having to buy a car at the peak of the COVID price spike.  But the car is almost paid off now, so there is that.  He should have positive equity in the car.  

Indeed.  A Kia with a good engine is worth gold.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

We had a fake-wood LeBaron wagon, that car had the cushiest ride I have ever experienced.  The fake wood warped pretty quickly, and was not super reliable.

And the fake wood is crap if you need to start an emergency camp fire.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1