What would you do.

Wilbur
Go to solution Solved by Parr8hed,

The boss offered the use of the plane to a good friend to move his family from coast to coast for graduation ceremonies.  The problem we later find out is, we can't use Category 1 airports because the family is unvaccinated.   Once hearing that, my boss left the go-no go decision to me. 

Would you fly these people?  The unvaxxed walk amongst us every day. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I would not give a shit myself.  I have been vaccinated.  If I were going to fly them then I would ask them to test.  Then I would load the damn plane and go if they were negative.  

Pretty much this.  Unless the non-Cat 1 thing is a royal PITA.  

• Heart 1

If the issue is simply the risk to you of their not being vaccinated rather than difficulty with airports, I would likely agree unless there is someone at very high risk at your house.  I might try to avoid being unnecessarily close with them during the trip (such as avoiding chit chat before or after the trip.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Then we shall never likely meet.

Probably not.  In a time of public health emergency I cannot fathom why folks won't get with the program.  The vaccinations have been around long enough now to show that there are minimal problems.  Being vaxed is simply a matter of protecting all in the community and especially those most in need of protection from those who might be carriers.

IMO if everyone had been vaccinated last year we would have fewer variants and fewer cases today.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Probably not.  In a time of public health emergency I cannot fathom why folks won't get with the program.  The vaccinations have been around long enough now to show that there are minimal problems.  Being vaxed is simply a matter of protecting all in the community and especially those most in need of protection from those who might be carriers.

IMO if everyone had been vaccinated last year we would have fewer variants and fewer cases today.

This debate has been beat to death. I’m really not interested in rehashing it.

Peace

Being vaccinated I'd do it but wearing a mask and avoiding unnecessary chit chat as mentioned earlier. 

I'm vaccinated and still wear my mask though it's not mandatory anymore. I go to the mall and see 5 out of every 50 wearing a mask. I'm one that chooses to wear it for my own peace of mind. 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Zealot said:

This debate has been beat to death. I’m really not interested in rehashing it.

Peace

I'm sorry, you feel this way.

I'm glad my 4  siblings who work in different hospitals are triple vaxxed. 1 of them is a doctor who directly sees covid patients. I understand Wilbur's situation...in tight confines of aircraft.

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

The boss offered the use of the plane to a good friend to move his family from coast to coast for graduation ceremonies.  The problem we later find out is, we can't use Category 1 airports because the family is unvaccinated.   Once hearing that, my boss left the go-no go decision to me. 

Would you fly these people?  The unvaxxed walk amongst us every day. 

What nearby airports does this leave you?

7 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Is the Transport Canada "need to be vaccinated to fly" rule still in effect and does it apply to a private plane?

Can you get in any trouble flying them?  That would be a major deciding factor for me

Yes, sort of.  They can fly through category 2 airports.  In this case, their destination is Montreal but we have to use Three Rivers.  Yes, it affects private aircraft.  No trouble, just exposure for the crew but we are fully vaxxed.  They are being tested today so that is fine.  That isn't a Transport requirement but I asked for it. 

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Yes, sort of.  They can fly through category 2 airports.  In this case, their destination is Montreal but we have to use Three Rivers.  Yes, it affects private aircraft.  No trouble, just exposure for the crew but we are fully vaxxed.  They are being tested today so that is fine.  That isn't a Transport requirement but I asked for it. 

I would do what you are doing.  Have them tested and fly them

• Heart 1