Battle between eating, sleeping, and staying cool by getting an early start

Ralphie

I’m planning to leave the house by 8:30 for birdwatching. After that buying lunch for my daughter and the people helping at her new house. Their closing went smoothly yesterday. Her island has two great state parks for birdwatching, as well as plenty of bike paths. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I’m planning to leave the house by 8:30 for birdwatching. After that buying lunch for my daughter and the people helping at her new house. Their closing went smoothly yesterday. Her island has two great state parks for birdwatching, as well as plenty of bike paths. 

Wow, she sounds very fortunate. You must be quite happy for her. :)

• Heart 1

People in my neighborhood usually wait until after 9 am to do any work around the house that makes a lot of noise - but not on high heat days!

Today one nextdoor neighbor, Denise, had two guys mowing and weedwhacking her yard at 8 am.  I didn't mind - it was way overgrown.  Another neighbor two doors away was repairing a shed and started pretty early, but I was outside working on my tomato cage stakes early, too, so that was fine with me.

• Heart 1

We made merry at a send off party for a coworker last night. Slept in until 8:30. After breakfast I fixed the brake noise on the pickup (Loose bolt like I suspected). We took the Miata out for a morning drive while shuffling vehicles. It’s 96 now so I’m about to shower then watch F1 qualifying while folding laundry. Sounds like I’m grilling salmon for supper. 

• Heart 1

90 degree temps was so last week. Don't think we'll see 60 all weekend. I was awake at 4 am, so figured I might as well start doing my laundry. I waited until 7am and the temps to be above 50 degrees before going out for a motorcycle ride. Got back after 9am, while the rain clouds were closing in. I mowed the grass before it started drizzling, finished the laundry and then took a nap with the foos.

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, BuffJim said:

We may be getting some rollicking thunderstorms this evening. While I’m grilling strip steaks. 

We got the rollicking thunderstorm around 6:30. May have another one or two later. I’m hearing thunder now. Grilling in a few minutes. With corn on the cob and tomatoes. 

• Heart 1