So who here knows the difference between Edgar and Johnny Winter?

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by Parsnip Totin Jack,

• Solution

Johnny is older, Edgar is younger. Johnny was a phenom on the guitar, he could shred the neck on a guitar. Edgar was a more talented musician playing multiple instruments very well. They both impacted rock and blues music in important ways. Pretty impressive for a couple of freaks (albinos) from Texas. Johnny Winter was heavily affected by the deaths of Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, and Jimi Hendrix, who all died at the age of 27. Johnny, 27 as well at the time, took stock of his choices in life (drug and alcohol abuse), cleaned up his act and released the song, Still Alive and Well shortly after,

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I met Winter when he, Rick Derringer and Al Yankovic came to a cancer benefit for a child here in my home town.  He did so because his performance manager lived here.  The benefit included an auction in which we purchased an Al Yankovic shirt, now framed.  I had an opportunity to bid on one of Winter's guitars which would have been autographed.  I wish I'd won that part of the auction as that would be quite a piece of memorabilia.

• Heart 2