Speaking of Jerseys

Mr. Beanz

In another thread,  post your favorites and stories here.

Just about all mine were 30'ish.

Favorite Fat Bastard was 19 bucks. 

Clydesdale from dot net forums was 75. Both Gina and I have one.

Bike shop was 80 bucks. Supporting my friends shop. Only took 4 months to deliver. 

Pink one, cousin recovered from cancer so I wore pink that October. Some guy on the bike trail said ha ha  you're wearing pink. So I kicked his ass.  😄

Two bones jerseys. I like them because they make me look skinny. 😆

20181207_163039.jpg

20181207_163115.jpg

20181207_163238.jpg

20181207_163327.jpg

20181207_163517.jpg

20181207_163608.jpg

20181207_163703.jpg

20181207_163800.jpg

20181207_165712.jpg

20181207_165820.jpg

20220109_114440.jpg

• Awesome 3

My favorite I can't wear, too small. Largest size available. 1XL because most climbers are little guys. I can't even begin to close the zipper around my upper body 😫 

And the hardest to get.  Earned jersey completing Breathless Agony. 114 miles 12 000 ft gain.

$20...but was willing to pay 75 at the time. 

So I did the ride. Went into the shop trying to purchase the finishers jersey. The guys at the job wouldn't sell it to me. My name is on the finishers list. Even proving my name and I'd. They said no. So they called the top man and he said no, one has to complete the ride first. WTH, guess I'm not tiny enough to believe I did it.

So I went onto the net, every where I could to bash this guy that ran the ride and his shop. 

He ends up sending me an email SO SORRY MR. BEANZ...... though he only had my real name on the list. Suddenly he knew me as. Mr. Beanz. 😄

He apologized. Said he'd ship it for free. Selll it to me for 20 vs the 75 if I removed all the things I said about him and his business. 😆😄😆

Only problem was largest size was 1Xl.  But I freaking got it 👍 

20181207_165858.jpg

20181207_165859.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Beanz said:

My favorite I can't wear, too small. Largest size available. 1XL because most climbers are little guys. I can't even begin to close the zipper around my upper body 😫 

And the hardest to get.  Earned jersey completing Breathless Agony. 114 miles 12 000 ft gain.

$20...but was willing to pay 75 at the time. 

So I did the ride. Went into the shop trying to purchase the finishers jersey. The guys at the job wouldn't sell it to me. My name is on the finishers list. Even proving my name and I'd. They said no. So they called the top man and he said no, one has to complete the ride first. WTH, guess I'm not tiny enough to believe I did it.

So I went onto the net, every where I could to bash this guy that ran the ride and his shop. 

He ends up sending me an email SO SORRY MR. BEANZ...... though he only had my real name on the list. Suddenly he knew me as. Mr. Beanz. 😄

He apologized. Said he'd ship it for free. Selll it to me for 20 vs the 75 if I removed all the things I said about him and his business. 😆😄😆

Only problem was largest size was 1Xl.  But I freaking got it 👍 

20181207_165858.jpg

20181207_165859.jpg

Wasn’t that the guy that ran the Santiago Cyclery shop in Tustin?  Rob Kahler (sp?) maybe?   He also had a training program.

• Heart 1

My favorite jerseys are just plain jerseys. One is white with black shoulders & sleeves from Performance, the other is a medium blue from Mavic. I have a red & black one I also like from Performance.   I have others but wear those three the most.

I have a cool vintage Bianchi jersey I wear sometimes.  My SART story: Riding along SART on my Campagnolo equipped Bianchi wearing my vintage Bianchi Campagnolo jersey.  Dude rides up to me, “you have to have the right bike to wear that jersey!”  You mean a Bianchi with campy parts?  Yeah shaking his head in disgust!  

Uh OK dude! 😂

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

I wear jerseys with logos mostly of businesses and organizations I believe in. A couple for the Crane Trust. One was swag for a duathlon. 2 were for events for Pink Gorilla that I ran or rode. One was a Christmas gift from my son since he works for them. The other because I helped do some promotional work for them in Grand Island. A Husker one because I’m a Homer. One has a sugar skull pattern. My favorite 2 are one that says Fa-Thor and the pattern is like Thor’s armor in the Marvel films. The other is from Scratchtown Brewery. I helped get the jersey going for them! 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

57 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Wasn’t that the guy that ran the Santiago Cyclery shop in Tustin?  Rob Kahler (sp?) maybe?   He also had a training program.

Yup, that's the guy. He was a real pr!ck till he saw how many local cycling friends in the area. 😆

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

I couldn’t stand the guy…. 

Good! One of my points in my bashing was that he acted as if I couldn't climb but yet I finished ahead of the riders representing his training class workout thingies.

The other was I completed Ride around the bear, 4 times similar Ride and his Breathless agony but yet he never had. 😄

My favourite is an electric blue plaino from performance that is probably ~20 years old!  It is the only one that still fits but owl bet even it is too tight now. Even older is a Descente classic from the 80s that I like a lot but is too flashy for me. Baron sent me two from charity rides that are nice and might still fit but have drug ads on them. I wear them under a jacket. Shotgun sent me a beaut that had Troegs beer on it, Sunshine Pils I believe, but it has been too tight for ages. Ahspose I need that classic picture of a fat guy in a Jersey. :(

• Heart 2

I like that blue one with the bones. A very realistic cyclist’s x-ray. Only one broken collarbone though, he must not have crashed much. The broken ribs are pretty good. Can’t really see the shoulders but that could be one of my x-rays. I should get royalties.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Mr. Beanz said:

Good! One of my points in my bashing was that he acted as if I couldn't climb but yet I finished ahead of the riders representing his training class workout thingies.

The other was I completed Ride around the bear, 4 times similar Ride and his Breathless agony but yet he never had. 😄

When I got back into riding I bought a hard tail MTB from that shop.  I went back after 60 days or so for a free adjustment and he looks at my bike and says, it doesn’t need an adjustment, it hasn’t been ridden!  He then looks at me and says oh I know it hasn’t been ridden!  He did take the bike back for an adjustment but I thought damn and I gave that asshole my business.  

I also remember his wife was in the shop (she’s a former Olympic cyclist) so I recognized her and she was furious at him, she turned to me and said I’m so sorry. 

I never stepped foot in that shop again. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

When I got back into riding I bought a hard tail MTB from that shop.  I went back after 60 days or so for a free adjustment and he looks at my bike and says, it doesn’t need an adjustment, it hasn’t been ridden!  He then looks at me and says oh I know it hasn’t been ridden!  He did take the bike back for an adjustment but I thought damn and I gave that asshole my business.  

I also remember his wife was in the shop (she’s a former Olympic cyclist) so I recognized her and she was furious at him, she turned to me and said I’m so sorry. 

I never stepped foot in that shop again. 

WOW!  That's NUTSO.

Usually, bike shop owners are doing it more as a labor of love, and not as some weird power trip.  But, yeah, you're gonna get some bad eggs.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

WOW!  That's NUTSO.

Usually, bike shop owners are doing it more as a labor of love, and not as some weird power trip.  But, yeah, you're gonna get some bad eggs.

Yeah the guy came off as a tool. Doesn’t surprise me that he did that to Beanz after my experience with him.  

• Heart 1

38 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I was in the LBS talking with the owner while he worked on a mountain bike that was in for it’s 60 day check up. He was commenting on how beat up the bike was after only 60 days. He had to replace parts and retrue the wheels. I think it needed new brake pads too. He wondered how he could beat up the bike in such a short time.

• Heart 2

5 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

WOW!  That's NUTSO.

Noo mystery why a shop around here went out of business. 

Gina and I were shopping for a tandem,  had cash. Walked into a shop with a 10 yo kid. Who had. Been riding bikes, well. Behaved 

Walked in then owner immediately said DONT LET THAT KID TOUCH THE BIKES.

see you,  ain't getting our business. 

• Awesome 1

I think a lot of us can share bad LBS experiences, I have had a few over the years.  

I’m happy that my shop is still in business as I have been going there well over ten years now.  My friends shop is also doing well.  The key is they appreciate your patronage.  

• Heart 1