Wordle 340 6/6

🟨
🟨🟨
🟩🟨
🟨
🟨🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ADIEU, SNOUT, FORUM, BICEP, COUGH, VOUCH

( I know bicep couldn't be the word, but I wast trying to rule out some letters).

• Heart 4

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Didn't choose COUCH first???? WTF???

image.png.38d6cfe5b70772f2629af07561ef9046.png

The convention seems to go pouch, couch, vouch plus touch first for those who have not yet eliminated t.

I think we were all thinking of couch when we typed that. Pouch just seems to spring to mind first. Maybe it is the anti double letter bias. 

• Awesome 1

after I got FOUND, I was pretty sure the consonent blend was CH to end the word, so I started going throught the alphabet.  COUCH seemed to obscure to me and POUCH seemed to fit better.  I did not proceed past P so , TOUCH and VOUCH were not in play yet.  

43 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I am curious as to the thought process here.  What made you go with a 'V' instead of the more commonly used 'T'  or 'P'?  

Are you sure you want to dig into the inner workings of rr’s brain?  :D
Actually he normally does post the details of him trying to outsmart mr Wordle.  Not today though  :(

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I am curious as to the thought process here.  What made you go with a 'V' instead of the more commonly used 'T'  or 'P'?  

If you have read my previous comments on Wordle puzzle solving, you might remember that I use a method where I try to put myself in the chair of the Wordle word selector and pick the word out of all the possibilities that seems the most obscure or least likely to come to mind.  You may also remember that this method has failed more often than it has worked.  :(

But I can't help myself.  It is something that I have always done when playing any sort of word puzzle.  I try to put myself in the place of the puzzle maker and choose the answer that I would select if I was him or her.  As I say, it fails most of the time, but when it is successful, it results in a wonderful feeling of, "Hah, I win!!"  :D

If I was the Wordle guy and I was selecting today's word, I would have chosen VOUCH because I would have assumed that it would be the least likely to be guessed out of the TOUCH, POUCH, COUCH, VOUCH combo.  Today my "strategy" worked.  OTOH, it was probably just dumb luck.  But I like to think that by using my meager intellect and my very limited knowledge of human behavior, I somehow managed to outsmart the smart puzzle guy.  :)

• Heart 1

33 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

If you have read my previous comments on Wordle puzzle solving, you might remember that I use a method where I try to put myself in the chair of the Wordle word selector and pick the word out of all the possibilities that seems the most obscure or least likely to come to mind.  You may also remember that this method has failed more often than it has worked.  :(

But I can't help myself.  It is something that I have always done when playing any sort of word puzzle.  I try to put myself in the place of the puzzle maker and choose the answer that I would select if I was him or her.  As I say, it fails most of the time, but when it is successful, it results in a wonderful feeling of, "Hah, I win!!"  :D

If I was the Wordle guy and I was selecting today's word, I would have chosen VOUCH because I would have assumed that it would be the least likely to be guessed out of the TOUCH, POUCH, COUCH, VOUCH combo.  Today my "strategy" worked.  OTOH, it was probably just dumb luck.  But I like to think that by using my meager intellect and my very limited knowledge of human behavior, I somehow managed to outsmart the smart puzzle guy.  :)

Good for you.  I try to not do that because I end up like that guy on 'The Princess Bride'  As You Wish Cary Elwes GIF by Disney+

• Hugs 1