So did you ever wonder what happened to Nelly Fortado? I just did when I heard a cover of one of he

Ralphie

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

Not sad.  I feel like that on my job and no nervous breakdown yet. Keep working me Ralph!  I’ll get there yet. 

I was just thinking the end result is snot all that sad, she is now a mother taking care of her kiddo which is what she wants to do. But the breakdown onstage sort of sucked owl bet. But she better eschew the working on the tan thing. Skin cancer sucks. 

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I didn’t really wonder until the song reminded me and made me think - hey, whatever happened to her?  She vanished from music. 

I met her a couple of times and was not impressed.  She had zero time for fans and was actually quite rude to them.  Some people aren't equipped to handle fame, she is one. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I met her a couple of times and was not impressed.  She had zero time for fans and was actually quite rude to them.  Some people aren't equipped to handle fame, she is one. 

Wow, no wonder cheese revolved around you!  Pilot to the rich and famous!  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

Wow, no wonder cheese revolved around you!  Pilot to the rich and famous!  

Dianna Krall though, beautiful talented and gracious.  A very genuine person and a pleasure to be around. Nelly could have taken lessons from Dianna. 

• Heart 2

We saw her at the 9:30 club many years ago - maybe even as the opener - and she was a good show, but then, she seemed to not want to be pop as much as more edgy, and that seemed to kill her momentum.  Yeah, she was in the group of "big hit, but then disappear" sort of category.  I still like it the rare times when I hear I'm Like A Bird, but that is rare these days.  I bet if I pay attention, I'll hear it again soon - likely at Trader Joes :D

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

10 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

A guy I work with did for me. He's a Rush fan.

I think we have one of those here too now that you mention it!  Rush must get discriminated against in American radio as Canadian since they barely get any airplay here except for a couple of their big songs. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

I think we have one of those here too now that you mention it!  They must get discriminated against in American radio as Canadian since they barely get any airplay here except for a couple of their big songs. 

One of my Canadian co-workers was FIRMLY bonkers about Rush.  He also played the drums and was a nice guy (and rides a bit), but DON'T get him talking about Rush and DEFINITELY don't bad mouth them or compare them unfavorably to another band. 

• Haha 2