Oreo cookies, Ritz crackers team up for limited-time snack

MickinMD

The story is at: https://finance.yahoo.com/video/oreo-cookies-ritz-crackers-team-211737807.html and picture below.

Personally, I think it would be cheaper to buy the peanut-butter filled Ritz Crackers and Oreos and make your own combined cookie: see picture below because I think you only get 12 cookies for $3.95.  Making your own is mentioned in the article.

Three taste tester/reporters said, 1) Yum...8 1/2 to 9 out of 10, another agreed, the third said, 6 1/2 - 7, I'm not impressed.

These reporters said, "I'm surprised that there's only six per package," but I think there are two packs of double-cookies per package based on the picture below, and each is effectively a double-cookie.

You can get this box free (not really: $3.95 shipping) by ordering at noon, Thursday, 5/26/22, at: https://www.oreo.com/ritz  The site says: "Pay $3.95 s/h only. Open to contiguous U.S./D.C. only. Void in AK, HI, PR and where prohibited Starts 5/26/22; Ends 7/5/2022 or when all 1,000 packs are claimed, whichever occurs first."

They're only making 1000 boxes and the article says, "Very, very limited amount. So if you're a fan of this, if you want to find this, you better be there, 12:00 PM Eastern, on the dot, on that website, ready to order these...It will not be in stores.  Apparently this is a short term test."

ALEXANDRA CANAL: It's a peanut butter filling. And I am a Oreo purist, I would say, so I'm surprised I like this. But I do think the combination of salty and sweet is pretty good.

SEANA SMITH: It's very, very good.

ALEXANDRA CANAL: Yeah.

SEANA SMITH: We could eat this whole thing

image.thumb.png.67656dedd1bf2ddb252957d227319cd9.png

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

A marketing gimmick? More power to them, but both are pretty "bad" for folks.  I do still eat Oreos, but Ritz are just flour bombs.  Way better cracker choices out there if looking for that sort of thing.

We don’t normally keep crackers & cookies in the house but CJ loves Ritz crackers so we keep those around now.  I ate one recently & didn’t care for it. It left an odd residue in my mouth. I’d take a plain ole Saltine over a ritz any day.