Speaking of Oreos

Razors Edge

Does anyone actually eat them WITHOUT first splitting them?  Like take a bite out of a whole cookie?  100% of the time, I twist the halves apart, eat the less frosty one first and then the one with the most frosting. Usually with a swig of milk between each bite.  So, each cookie takes two bites, but only after separating the sides.

47 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Does anyone actually eat them WITHOUT first splitting them?  Like take a bite out of a whole cookie?  100% of the time, I twist the halves apart, eat the less frosty one first and then the one with the most frosting. Usually with a swig of milk between each bite.  So, each cookie takes two bites, but only after separating the sides.

I like the dark (semi-sweet) chocolate-filling ones best.

I seldom split them because the cracker plus the filling are just right together in sweetness for me.

They're sometimes hard to find outside of Walmart.

image.png.26f7423c20517683d6890826f7a53bc6.png

I may have tried splitting them once or twice. I agree with dr mickin, they are chemically designed for the cookie to  complement the filling so whole is the only way to go, although I will grant you that the difference in texture can cause excess crumbling with the resultant crumbs all over the darn place. :(
But that is a small price to pay for the proper taste  and overall cookie experience when they are eaten the correct way. :)

52 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

I only eat them after donating blood. I don’t buy Oreos for home use. I also eat them whole, no disassembly required. 

As in no biting?? Just shove the whole cookie in your mouth??? MY HERO!!!!!

I like to dunk half in milk for a few seconds so it softens a little, bite off that half, dunk the other half, eat it, lick the milk and crumbs off my fingers. Mmmmmm...

• Haha 1