Garage cleaning

petitepedal

Residents needed to be out by 8..but the sign said 7..so everyone would be out :lol:. Still had to call people in the morning...and my first "When can we go back in the garage?" Came at 9AM :wacko:...apparently they had equipment problems...normally they are done by 3.  The natives are driving me crazy with the "When is the Garage gonna be done?" Questions...looks like 5 pm before they can go back in.

• Sad 1

Voice email greeting... "If you are calling for Petite, please leave a message.  If you are calling regarding the garage cleaning, it is scheduled to be done whenever the heck they finish, now stop pestering me by 4:00 pm.  Thank you.  Your call is important to me."

And don't answer your phone.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Daughter and SIL are going through similar with transition. They don't own a car and rent out their space. But that is coming to an end. The Electric Company is putting in charging station for free and now any rental space has to be an electric vehicle. They are now looking at getting their first car with less reliance on public transportation and community vehicle rental that they have been using. 

3 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Residents needed to be out by 8..but the sign said 7..so everyone would be out :lol:. Still had to call people in the morning...and my first "When can we go back in the garage?" Came at 9AM :wacko:...apparently they had equipment problems...normally they are done by 3.  The natives are driving me crazy with the "When is the Garage gonna be done?" Questions...looks like 5 pm before they can go back in.

That's not supposed to happen with Americans.

When I toured China in 2001, we arrived by plane at night and our Shanghai guides had asked us all to be in the hotel lobby our first morning and ready to roll at 8 am.  Our national guide Zhou ("Jo") and local guide Nancy counted the 27 of us and all were present.

Zhou said, "This is one of the things we love about Americans.  You tell them to be ready at 8 am and everybody's ready at 8 am."

Nancy chimed in, "But if you have Italians, you have to tell them 7 am, an hour early, and they're still not all there at 8 am!"

5 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Maybe this firm should also cc: your property management firm, the strata board asks the property mgmt if that's ok for garage cleaning firm to do this and then ask property mgmt firm.

1 hour ago, Tizeye said:

Daughter and SIL are going through similar with transition. They don't own a car and rent out their space. But that is coming to an end. The Electric Company is putting in charging station for free and now any rental space has to be an electric vehicle. They are now looking at getting their first car with less reliance on public transportation and community vehicle rental that they have been using. 

Is this the daughter in Switzerland?

Of course, the discussion starting to bubble up is some newer condo bldgs. might have e-car charging station and how the electric metric reads this..if separately would be desired outside of overall common electrical bill in common space areas.

13 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Is this the daughter in Switzerland?

Of course, the discussion starting to bubble up is some newer condo bldgs. might have e-car charging station and how the electric metric reads this..if separately would be desired outside of overall common electrical bill in common space areas.

Yes. It was so weird to hear them talking cars. She obviously wouldn't use it for work where it is a 40 minute train ride, and he bikes to work. For general everyday and outings. The big issue for any car is where do you park it as stores anticipate foot traffic and don't have supporting parking lots. That leaves street parking which is hit or miss. Since the have assigned spots in the garage, I think it will be somehow tied to their general electric, but have one station per two slots.

25 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Yes. It was so weird to hear them talking cars. She obviously wouldn't use it for work where it is a 40 minute train ride, and he bikes to work. For general everyday and outings. The big issue for any car is where do you park it as stores anticipate foot traffic and don't have supporting parking lots. That leaves street parking which is hit or miss. Since the have assigned spots in the garage, I think it will be somehow tied to their general electric, but have one station per two slots.

It is different...and probably strange to alot of...forumites here. 

E-cars and charging set-up still has a long way to go in North America.  Living in huge countries, makes it even more complicated.

However their lives would be like quite a number of Canadians living in higher density areas within 15 min. walk to transit train/subway ...in Toronto and Vancouver. To my understanding, up to 30% Toronto residents do not have a car/drive.  So it could be 1-2 cars shared amongst 2-4 family members.  Shrug. So it's not horrible if choose to live close to reliable transit (if it even exists). Both the cities plus mine, have carshare. Actually VAncouver has at least 3 carshare companies plus their downtown bikeshare for past few yrs.

Myself, a sister and mother who latter, each live in different parts of Toronto, don't drive/have a car.  They all live in homes within 15 walk of transit.