tonight's dinner

bikeman564™

10 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

I was shamed when Wo7 asked for a butterfly cut, well done. 

On her first trip to my parents house, My  Dad asked BuffCarla how she liked her steak. She said Well Done and my Dad said We don’t do well done on this grill. She learned to enjoy medium. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

I made enough 50% whole wheat dough for two 12" pizzas on May 16th. made one pizza then and stored the other half of the dough in a Ziploc bag and half the 15 oz. can of Contadina Pizza Sauce in a cleaned and scalded-out 14 oz. jar.

Because pizza sauce comes in 14-15 oz jars or cans and I only need half of it and because it's most convenient for me to make dough for 2 or 3 pizzas at a time, I wanted to see if they'd be good after 10 days in the fridge: some online "expert" sites say you can store pizza dough only 4 days and some 14 days - I've stored dough a week in the past and its still great.  I've had jars of Prego, etc. spaghetti sauce that have been fine in the fridge after 2 weeks.

Last night was 10 days and I made the 2nd pizza last night.  Perfect!  The sauce was fine and so was the dough.  Mozzarella, onions, turkey pepperoni, and meatballs were the toppings with a little Parmesan sprinkled on at the end.

I think 14 days should work, too.  I won't wait longer than that, though without freezing them.

• Heart 1