I’m going to Carolina

Longjohn

Beautiful country!  An uncle by marriage had an uncle who had a lot of property in Carolina Beach, N.C., which has a great beach and is a 90 min. drive from Myrtle Beach, SC.  We used to go down there for a week every few years and catch a show or two in Myrtle Beach.

• Heart 2

34 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Used to do that drive a lot. It used to be pretty quick, but got uglier over time.  Enjoy I-81 :D  BWAHAHAHAH!  At least no worries about trucks and icy roads.  Absolutely brutal.

I took that route last year. Wanted to avoid I-95 through DC, so headed left at Richmond. I-81 was like a NASCAR race, bumper to bumper at 80 mph. After the I-66 traffic going to DC exited, it got better. Must be brutal in bad weather. 

• Awesome 1

Disappointing when a child doesn’t attend their parents funeral. I was upset that my oldest brother missed my Dad’s, but he did send 3 of his kids. My brother’s MIL was quite sick, so my brother opted to stay home. His MIL died the day after my Dad’s funeral. 
But I must say my oldest brother has done an incredible job helping my parents through this journey. 

• Hugs 2