You have my explicit permission to slap me senseless

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by Road Runner,

15 hours ago, Jack Sparrow said:

If I was living my best life, I would be somewhere doing this

...so you are at zero risk of being slapped!  Or being truly happy, but the risk of slippage has to make up for some of that loss :dontknow:

But seriously, how is the sailing scene where you are, and how could you actually get more involved in it?  You're an empty nester soon :o so now's a good time to start lining up some replacements for all the prior kid commitments. 

25 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...so you are at zero risk of being slapped!  Or being truly happy, but the risk of slippage has to make up for some of that loss :dontknow:

But seriously, how is the sailing scene where you are, and how could you actually get more involved in it?  You're an empty nester soon :o so now's a good time to start lining up some replacements for all the prior kid commitments. 

Rush Creek Yacht Club is home to more than one Olympic gold medalist that I have sailed with and against.   Very active J-22 fleet and most of the marina's have a sailing club that hosts PHRF races on Wed nights and most weekends.  Also have several charity regattas in the area annually.   Only a few hours from the Gulf coast where quite a few big regattas happen either in the Houston/Galveston area or in Corpus Christi.

I used to crew on a J-22 on the Southwest Circuit.  I used to be a very good foredeck person.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Sparrow said:

Rush Creek Yacht Club is home to more than one Olympic gold medalist that I have sailed with and against.   Very active J-22 fleet and most of the marina's have a sailing club that hosts PHRF races on Wed nights and most weekends.  Also have several charity regattas in the area annually.   Only a few hours from the Gulf coast where quite a few big regattas happen either in the Houston/Galveston area or in Corpus Christi.

I used to crew on a J-22 on the Southwest Circuit.  I used to be a very good foredeck person.

Aim for increasing your time on the water in the coming years.  You'll get into a virtuous cycle of sailing more->being happier->making the world smile more->sailing more...