Threads You Start

Airehead

I post on a variety of issues but don't strive for a home run of responses as topics may only apply to a few members.  It was a dud if there were no responses.  I have a somewhat dry sense of humour so often comments either go over peoples heads with a resounding "WOOSH" and sometimes people take great offence.   I also enjoy serious discussion but society is no longer mature nor civil enough to handle it. We have lost the ability to be humble and the maturity to laugh at ourselves.  Once a topic is derailed and I lose interest, I rarely go back to it. 

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

Depends on the thread.   If I just want to share some information, I'm not as concerned about how many people respond.  But if it's a thread where I'm asking a question or want to learn more about the forum members, then I feel better if there are at least some  on topic responses.  In those threads, I consider it a success if I learn something new or get to share a sweet memory from a forumite.

I don't feel any need to have the last post, but I do like to make sure that I respond to any questions or follow ups raised in the thread

Yeah, that seems consistent with my guidelines.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Airehead said:

How do,you judge if they were successful?

Also, is it better for them to end with you making the final comment or someone else?

Sometimes I just make a thread to supply information - like when Amazon Prime Day will be.  If people look at them that's fine, if they don't, that's ok too.

Other times people give a supportive reply or like and that's good for the soul.

• Heart 3

There are things I share here that is don’t share on social media because sometimes I just need to get it out to someone besides WoW. I appreciate it when I get support from you all. 
My humor sometimes takes me on weird tangents. I’m sure sometimes there are some facepalms on the other side of the screen. 

1 hour ago, groupw said:

I appreciate it when I get support from you all. 
My humor sometimes takes me on weird tangents. I’m sure sometimes there are some facepalms on the other side of the screen. 

One great thing about this Forum is you can never be sure where the mean (or is it the median?) of the weird scale is, and what one person thinks is their weird tangent can be a totally normal and enjoyable excursion for the rest of us! :)

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

On 6/20/2022 at 9:19 AM, Airehead said:

How do,you judge if they were successful?

Also, is it better for them to end with you making the final comment or someone else?

Good question.  Threads can be started for all sorts of reasons, so no simple rule of success :)  But, with @Kzoo totally remiss in his duties, the parody threads are no longer about a high score, but rather just for some fun.

And final comment would be rare as a goal.  I could see wanting the final comment if it was a "help" thread and I wanted to say "thanks for the good advice" with a recap that the issue was resolved.  Otherwise, I don't really care.