Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by Zealot,

Wordle 367 4/6

🟨
🟨🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ADIEU, TONAL, FLOAT, GLOAT

Pretty sure it was going to be Bloat, because that was my last guess of the float, gloat, bloat trio. :nodhead:

• Heart 2

9 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Tough start then a rope a dope. 
image.thumb.png.c51bd503fc45db7d19f70563ec599bf8.png

This is why this game sucks!  Sheer luck determines the difference between a good score and a much poorer one.  You solved it when you got to _LOAT. 

It's like having the most money on Jeopardy and getting Final Jeopardy right, but then having to spin a wheel to see if you are the actual winner.  :angry:

• Confused 1

You could try a word like Befog that you know is wrong just to narrow down the options, but that would still take two tries and guessing all the options only took 3, so you don't save much.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Road Runner said:

This is why this game sucks!  Sheer luck determines the difference between a good score and a much poorer one.  You solved it when you got to _LOAT. 

It's like having the most money on Jeopardy and getting Final Jeopardy right, but then having to spin a wheel to see if you are the actual winner.  :angry:

Serenity now, Mr.  Costanza. :D

3 hours ago, Road Runner said:

You solved it when you got to _LOAT.

No, “you” didn’t. As @Kirby mentioned, sometimes you have to use a throwaway word to whittle down your letter choices. It’s a strategy in and of itself as to when to employ that approach.

I used that the other day (Cacao) when I only got a yellow “O” on the first word. Second word choice (Adieu) didn’t contain an “O”, but ruled in an “A” and ruled out all other vowels. I got it in four, where I could have flailed endlessly trying to move the “O” around the puzzle. Some people got it in three, but a lot more needed 5+ tries. So I think it paid off for me.

• Heart 1

45 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

No, “you” didn’t.

Yes you did.  The guess between bloat, float and gloat is just that:  a total freaking guess.  There is no strategy involved.  Flip a coin, twice!  And some words are much worse than this one, with 5 or 6 possible answers, all pending on a single letter.  One person solves it in two and is declared a genius, while someone else is just unlucky and solves it in six. 

It is a stupid game.    

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Yes you did.  The guess between bloat, float and gloat is just that:  a total freaking guess.  There is no strategy involved.  Flip a coin, twice!  And some words are much worse than this one, with 5 or 6 possible answers, all pending on a single letter.  One person solves it in two and is declared a genius, while someone else is just unlucky and solves it in six. 

It is a stupid game.    

The only times I missed solving in 6 was the "guess the missing letter" and ran out of guesses.  I think once was FIVE chances to pick just one letter :(  But, still, it is a stress free game and helps fire up some neurons in the morning.  

Back on 2/17:

image.png

• Heart 1

44 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

There is no strategy involved.  Flip a coin, twice!  And some words are much worse than this one, with 5 or 6 possible answers, all pending on a single letter.

One can guess randomly, or they can use a word that will eliminate as many of those choices as possible. Seems like it’s strategy to know when you are better to play it safe versus guess for the win. :dontknow:

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

It is a stupid game.    

Geez, who peed in your Cheerios? :lol:

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Once in a while it can be stressful if you get stuck. For some reason that happens a lot more to me on Quordle. 

In Quordle, if I get 4/5 early, I'll skip it hoping that I pick up the letter elsewhere down the stack.

• Heart 1