this story has cycling & murder

bikeman564™

I read that some people think she may have used her sister's ID.  I love my sisters, but I also hate the idea of going to jail, so I think my sisters would be on their own if they decided to become fugitives.

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

I read that some people think she may have used her sister's ID.  I love my sisters, but I also hate the idea of going to jail, so I think my sisters would be on their own if they decided to become fugitives.

I’m not following closely but It would seem to me that she is being aided by somebody.  It’s pretty hard to hide in plain sight these days.

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I’m not following closely but It would seem to me that she is being aided by somebody.  It’s pretty hard to hide in plain sight these days.

Too much about this story is challenging to figure out. 

Murder is messy, but way too many "huh?" moments in this one to feel like the full story is out.

1 hour ago, az_cyclist said:

The Moriah Wilson was murdered the evening of 11 May, so, Ms Armstrong has been on the run for several weeks now.  She has to be staying with friends, or getting some help.

It seems like she may have gotten help and a drivers license from her sister.  But what does that DL get her long term?  You can't get into Canada or Mexico with just a DL anymore, correct?  So maybe it smooths some of the "hiding in plain sight" options - like renting a place for cash?  But I'd imagine the FBI, if they do put her on a top fugitive list, can also pay attention to the sister's actions, and use that to track her down eventually? 

14 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It seems like she may have gotten help and a drivers license from her sister.  But what does that DL get her long term?  You can't get into Canada or Mexico with just a DL anymore, correct?  So maybe it smooths some of the "hiding in plain sight" options - like renting a place for cash?  But I'd imagine the FBI, if they do put her on a top fugitive list, can also pay attention to the sister's actions, and use that to track her down eventually? 

At least 4 states that border Canada, including NY, have enhanced drivers licenses (one step beyond the "read ID" license) and if you have that you can cross on land checkpoints with just the enhanced drivers license.  The sister reportedly was living in NY, but if she used her sister's ID at a Canadian crossing, they'd have a record of it.

4 minutes ago, Kirby said:

The sister reportedly was living in NY, but if she used her sister's ID at a Canadian crossing, they'd have a record of it.

Yep - that's what I would think they could just do - flag the DL and the sister's passport and credit cards and see where it leads.  Has to be basic FBI work?

18 minutes ago, az_cyclist said:

I am guessing she is hiding at a friend’s place

This is my guess.  Somebody is sheltering her, providing food & such so she can stay under the radar.  Either that or she went into the woods & committed suicide. 

• Heart 1