I Watched The Unbound Race Again

Razors Edge

...this year, and gotta say, it was almost as more boring than a pancake flat TdF sprint stage.

And, while it had two of @bikeman564™'s cycling folks - Frankie A commentating and Alexi V going for the win - it was really a race where once the four (then five) guys established a lead, no one really did anything interesting until the last hill.  The woman's race wasn't any more exciting with the leader pretty much wrapped up 50+ miles from the finish.  

• Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...this year, and gotta say, it was almost as more boring than a pancake flat TdF sprint stage.

And, while it had two of @bikeman564™'s cycling folks - Frankie A commentating and Alexi V going for the win - it was really a race where once the four (then five) guys established a lead, no one really did anything interesting until the last hill.  The woman's race wasn't any more exciting with the leader pretty much wrapped up 50+ miles from the finish.  

Yeah a 200 mile slog through the dirt & mud is perfect for a highlight show….

I’m thinking I’ll just check the TDF race highlights on GCN racing this year.  With the paywalls on VN & CN and I cut down my cable channels drastically so not sure if I’ll even get the telecast so I’ll just watch the highlights. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah a 200 mile slog through the dirt & mud is perfect for a highlight show….

I’m thinking I’ll just check the TDF race highlights on GCN racing this year.  With the paywalls on VN & CN and I cut down my cable channels drastically so not sure if I’ll even get the telecast so I’ll just watch the highlights. 

TdF will get its normal viewing as do all grand tours.  I can't watch all four hours every day, but I can watch a bit, jump a bit, and focus on key climbs or the sprint finishes, which still adds up to 1-2 hours a day.  It's a pretty heavy time suck.

For some of the smaller races, I do like those 20 min "long recaps" on some of the GCN or Flo coverages.

• Heart 1