It's About TIME!!!!

Razors Edge
Go to solution Solved by bikeman564™,

...someone addressed this problem!  I'm tired of burning precious watts due to a less than optimal aero set-up.  I wonder if it will work on @Square Wheels's super bike, too?  We could geek out on the stats showing how much speed we gained with that doodad vs the losers without them.  

CeramicSpeed-OSPW-Aero-aerodynamic-overs

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Meh, I'll 3D print some covers, for bout $2 in material :D

Uh, can you print me a couple? :whistle:

And, really, how much does a 3D printer that could handle that job cost?  Prices have come down as quality has gone up, but darn, that might pay for itself FAST if you had a few bikes in your stable and could get an original to make a copy of.

• Heart 1

50 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Uh, can you print me a couple? :whistle:

And, really, how much does a 3D printer that could handle that job cost?  Prices have come down as quality has gone up, but darn, that might pay for itself FAST if you had a few bikes in your stable and could get an original to make a copy of.

Sure, when I figure oot how.  3D printers are low cost now, at least the home ones. Probably a few hundred?

15 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Sure, when I figure oot how.  3D printers are low cost now, at least the home ones. Probably a few hundred?

15 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Maybe we can suck @goldendesign into this? He's got mad skills too.

Good quality consumer 3-d printers are well under $500 these days. In fact one of the best ones on the market for out of the box performance is the Ender 3 pro by Creality that retails for $189. If you wanted a larger build platform then an AnyCubic Cobra is the best for a large build volume and comes around $500 for the plus version. Hell if your spending for volume space and print speed though, I'd get the Kobra Max, literally huge print volume (17.7x15.5x15.5") is about $600 and well worth the extra hundred.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

Would that help my speed? Yesterday I got passed by a dad with a daughter on a trail-a-bike pulling a trailer with another daughter in it.

My bike

69FD7EBB-C2EB-43BA-A698-0FB621DF2C7E.jpeg.9668992eb70ca6b35cdbb8aad3c34dff.jpeg

Absolutely! At least a watt. Maybe more on the downhills?  Probably pairs well with those panniers.  And aero socks. You ARE wearing aero socks, I assume.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I think the trick is he was about the age of my eldest grandson.

Wormholes.  Look for wormholes, go back and grab "young LJ" and bring him forward in time.  It's complicated, sure, but it will eventually be worth having the opportunity to save a watt or two!

• Awesome 1