Flying commercial

Parsnip Totin Jack

Is hard because you have to interact with other humans. My funniest memory was the morning flight out of IAD. The lady in the aisle is telling someone in the row in front of me that they are in HER seat! Her ticket says 7A and that’s HER seat. The other lady is shocked by this as her ticket says 7A is her seat. The scene gets heated quickly as they are both convinced they are in the right. Before the flight attendant gets there to sort things out, I ask the lady in the aisle if I could see her ticket. She (wrongly) assumed I was on her side and handed me her ticket. Lady you’re in 32C, back off the bus. Flight departs at 7:00 am, that’s what 7A stands for. GTFO. Most satisfying experience when she went back to 32C

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

When I flew home from Israel: KLM Royal Dutch Airlines to Istanbul, then Northwest Airlines to the USA, the Dutch Girl at the Tel Aviv Airport Counter said, "Oh, you've got long legs!  I've got just the seat for you."  So I ended up in a seat that had no seat in front of it because it was by the emergency exit door - it still had a tray table, etc. and was fine.  But as other people boarded and saw all the room I had, a couple tried to con me and say I was in their seat!  I told them this seat was especially assigned to me because I'm a security agent!

• Haha 1