the strawberry frosty from Wendy's is good

bikeman564™

4 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

me to. My favorite goto after a hot century is fries & coke from MacDonalds. The best.

They gave out ice cold Coke shots at the next to last century stop (75-80 miles in) and it was HEAVEN.  I got several.  No fries, though, but some salty stuff that was nice too.  Also pickle juice shots.  But Coke was the best!

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

They gave out ice cold Coke shots at the next to last century stop (75-80 miles in) and it was HEAVEN.  I got several.  No fries, though, but some salty stuff that was nice too.  Also pickle juice shots.  But Coke was the best!

The MS rides give out coke :) pickles & juice too.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

The MS rides give out coke :) pickles & juice too.

Sometimes, on a longer summer ride, I'll stop at the 7/11 with 15 miles to go and grab a Mountain Dew and pour it into an empty bike bottle and leave the bottle open. A mile or two of agitating gets rid of much of the carbonation, and the pure sugary & caffeinated bliss is left .  Fun!  Maybe once or twice a year, but a nice treat.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Sometimes, on a longer summer ride, I'll stop at the 7/11 with 15 miles to go and grab a Mountain Dew and pour it into an empty bike bottle and leave the bottle open. A mile or two of agitating gets rid of much of the carbonation, and the pure sugary & caffeinated bliss is left .  Fun!  Maybe once or twice a year, but a nice treat.

I'm not a fan of dew anymore, but have filled a bottle w/ coke.  Few years ago when some friends & I were riding up north (from the trip where my mac bridge pic I posted is from). We did a 104 mile gravel ride (2/3 dirt roads). At around mile 70 we stopped at  MacDonalds. I got fries & a Coke, then filled a bottle w/ coke. 

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

I have a Chik-fil-a a short walk away so I'll stick to the shakes they have usually.  But I love salty (fries) with sweet (shakes) from any fast food places :D

And triply so in hot weather.

But you are a stickman and can afford to eat like that!  Just the smell of Chick Fil A adds 5 lbs to me. :)

• Haha 2