Do you strive to be a better person?

Wilbur

Lets put it this way.. I am the best I can be but I am no saint by a long shot! 
I got this issue at work and I am currently working on dropping a co-worker a flight or two back down the corporate ladder until they are fully aware that they can not mess with my job and they get their final punishment. wanna know more.. I will talk though messages but not making it public just as of yet

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

Just being imperfect self can be exhausting at certain times. 

Right now, I'm trying to give as far as I can at work and this means working with multiple internal parties for several different assignments, where in each case, I have get each party to agree to a new solution and then I prep all the online forms for review/approvals.

Before, our dept. used to sit back and wait. A lost cause since things fell to the bottom of priorities. So now I'm doing most of the gentle prodding of folks, closing each stage as we move along. FINALLY our lawyer is responding to 1 of our client's need to examine a contract. I did all I could to advocate for this internal dept. client and send preliminary contract evidence.   I'm not blaming him since he had to dig out of another  priority incident that hit the press.

Then my boss, asks me to add a junior employee to some meetings, so she can learn more.  No problem since she's pretty smart anyway and knows not to say much when learning. This situation #2.   

Somewhere in all this, asked to also give short chat with a summer student about a particular project I'm handling. Ok, less than 1 hr. of time. 

This is not about being a better person. It is about surviving!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

Strive seems to be too active a word to describe me.

There was an article in a Readers Digest years ago entitled "Why You Should Always Go to the Funeral" that stuck with me.  There was one particular concept in the article that describes my attempts to be a better person pretty well.  I don't always do it, but I try.

You have very little room for improvement! 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

I have a couple of goals I live by. One is I try to make a positive impact on everyone one I interact with.  Two is i live my life with no regrets.  If I get hit by a car tonight I’ll die happy. 

I’m not perfect and know I have pissed people off  but those are my goals.

• Heart 3

50 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Curious to get your take on the matter! 

I am much like others here and would have to say no.  I treat the vast majority of people very well and respectfully and give them the benefit of doubt until they prove it is warranted.  I am kind to animals and underprivileged people.  One really has to work hard at truly pissing me off but once done, it is a rare day that I will find a way to forgive them.  I could work on that aspect but it requires more give than it is worth.  Forgiveness makes one bear the all the compromise and I prefer accountability be placed where it belongs.  

• Heart 2
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

You can't compare improvement externally so that would be you.  Fortunately, you also set the high bar for you.  :) 

Then you should have been more explicit while forming your question.  Don’t blame my great answer on your lousy question.