Sooooooooo

KrAzY

What’s the worst a co-worker has done to you/your office while away on vacation? 

just asking because I returned to work and all hell broke lose while I was gone and no one with management stopped this person from doing what they did. We are and will be out of compliance for another 5 months. It has escalated as high as the regional VP and from what I hear that since I was not around,  nothing will happen to me, and I am basically untouchable from any warning/write ups. 
Monday is another meeting with the regional VP, HR, and loss prevention 

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, KrAzY said:

We are and will be out of compliance for another 5 months

I'll assume that this is not good at all.  

I never had problems like that after I was on vacation.   I did have LOTS of work to do after I returned.  

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, JerrySTL said:

I had somewhat of a difference issue. I had a boss who would change any decisions made while he was on vacation or business trips. Even the most minor thing. It got so bad that people below him would not make decisions at all when he was gone. 

Sounds like he achieved his goal. :D  I always try to get people who fill in for our boss to make some dumbass major decision just for fun. :D

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

I'll assume that this is not good at all.  

I never had problems like that after I was on vacation.   I did have LOTS of work to do after I returned.  

not good at all.. I was supposed to take a few pictures of things around the store, but corporate got pictures of the cement floor and my feet.. I added a not that said "Due to unforeseen circumstances, unable to complete."

9 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

not good at all.. I was supposed to take a few pictures of things around the store, but corporate got pictures of the cement floor and my feet.. I added a not that said "Due to unforeseen circumstances, unable to complete."

Wow. Someone should be fired for that. 

2 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Wow. Someone should be fired for that. 

honestly I hope that is what it comes down too.. I am just guessing, but I believer the store is missing about 2k with of stuff

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

I always try to get people who fill in for our boss to make some dumbass major decision just for fun.

I did it the other way...   I was the guy who filled in for our boss, not just for a week or 2 during a vacation, but twice for more than a few months at a time over 2 years.  The first time I volunteered when our team was asked.

The second time, of my temporary tenure, our boss got promoted and we were 'on our own' to get things done.  It was in January and our group needed to get our annual goals, etc.. established for the year.  I got the team together for a staff meeting and we worked thru that mess.   Then in February we had another staff meeting.  I guess someone told our Director about the meeting...  (maybe they didn't like my meetings??)  Anyway... I get a call, and she asks "I heard you are having staff meetings, and things are on track for Southern Region?"  I told, 'Yes... someone has to get this done.'   

A few months later I got an offer I could not refuse...   I became the boss.   

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

23 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Sorry to hear this, @KrAzY.  Most places I’ve worked, when I go on vacation  usually nothing happens with any of my projects until I get back. 

I always leave full detailed instructions on what needs done, but this person decided to not to follow them and has just went total rogue in the destruction of my carrier. Lucky for me I had zero communication about anything and it was all a surprise to me when I got back. 

I returned from a European bike trip with dearie....and my boss maneouvered to push me out of my job. This happened just 1 month after returned to work. The whole process was shocking which dearie found highly unethical. He claimed he wanted a differently qualified person...who actually came from the business unit where I am now. Unfortunately to him, I was a unicorn for whatever reason.

So he got he wanted but I'm just somewhere else in the organization, a place where I like and doing /learning stuff from a larger corporate overview.

After I had left, he ousted another person 10 months later where she was tossed outside of the organization. I think she tried using a lawyer on him. She didn't succeed. 

Don't ever tell me that public sector are benign places. No different than private sector.

• Heart 1