Shades....Whatcha Using ???

Mr. Beanz

I have 2 pair I use mostly.  Both Oakley M Frames. One white pair with mirror lenses I use on the bike.  Non polarized and I prefer it that way. 

The other M Frames are carbon looking Frames with dark black/blue polarized lenses. I hate polarized myself. They are custom glasses so the sales guy recommended polarized.  

Sounded good at the time but once I realized I couldn't see my Garmin on rides  I decided they sucked and decided to use them for auto driving. Only time I wear them on the bike now is when I forget my white cycling glasses at home. 

20220407_191857.jpg

20220227_133740.jpg

• Heart 1

Gina uses black M Frames on the bike and driving 

She has 2 pair exactly the same.

Then she has the small orange lens Oakleys that were given to us as a gift.  I have a pair as well sitting in a case. They don't cover my balls like I want them to. 

These were actually labeled as golf glasses 

09262021F.JPG

IMG_1371.JPG

• Heart 1

I rode in M-Frames for ages but I was getting really bad dry eye from rides and needed more coverage.  I recently switched to Oakley Jawbreakers with the photo chromatic lenses so I can wear the same glasses during day & night rides. The shape of them is helping my dry eye.

3E8AF725-33C4-4884-9391-692EBE77AA0B.jpeg.fbc9df8caaea27bb150d0f39ef28529f.jpeg

• Heart 3

3 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

I have a mirrored motorcycle visor so I can watch women in yoga pants and not get in trouble

You know,  honestly I didn't get my white glasses with mirrored lenses on purpose.  But once I did, I'm glad since we ride to the beach a lot.😄

• Heart 1

I have some Tifosi photochromocs about 15 years old. They stopped adjusting a few years back at a light tint. I have a dark mirror tint that were in my pickup after a ride. A couple had asked to save things in the cab. None of them said they were theirs. They’re not great, but good enough on a bright day. Looking to buy some new Tifosi photochromics soon. 

• Heart 2

I should ask my eye doctor if a darker lense would help on my right eye that stays dialated all the time. Maybe I could try it with some cheap sunglasses. Buy two pair one with light tint and one with dark and put the dark lense on the right side. Riding into the sunrise this week I could barely see the road and I had dark lenses. I guess I need double dark lenses on the right.

• Heart 1

I have three pairs of Oakleys two for work and one for driving.  The only one model I know is the Gascan with wider arms.  All mine are polarized for working on the water.

For riding to be honest I have no idea.  I found a random plastic pair of sunglasses diving near Salt Lake City about 10 years ago.  They almost look like tinted safety glasses.  That is what I wear on my bike.  They are light and have a bit of a wrap around style so work well for keeping wind out of my eyes

• Heart 2