So she wants to text message me which I'm not keen

shootingstar

I actually dislike poking around on tiny keys to text message people on iphone. Too slow, too prone to errors.  Whereas this good friend tells me she won't read any emails.

Honest, I find it very inefficient to do a text message. But of course, not worth a phone call for certain messages.

I don't care. Spending alot of time hunched over an iphone do a much text messaging, is not really me. ...because communication to me is more than just  5 words.  I send out  an email every few wks. on stuff. ...from home desktop. 

Another friend is like me.

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

A majority of my post to hear that are made from my cell phone or voice to text. Take this one for example.

Yeah 100% of my posts here are on my phone as i don’t post on work computers and I find it easier to tap away on a phone than my tablet (I no longer have a personal PC/laptop).

To each their own but I struggled with typing on an IPhone at first but it’s natural for me now

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

My android phone is connected to my Windows PC by Bluetooth. I can send and receive text messages on the PC. Can Apple do that?

My daughter has a iPhone, apple tablet and MacBook.  I’ll ask her as I don’t know but I’d think you can.  I know she can take calls to his apple tablet as it’s synced to her phone. 

Texting is cake. Give it time and it will get easier. I’ll text or DM unless a real time conversation makes more sense 

I like using this site from my phone because most photos I share are already  on my phone. Otto Correct is sometimes a hindrance. Overall I use my phone more than my PC unless I’m editing photos. 

• Heart 1

I have my work email but not my personal email on my phone, so I like texting as a quick way to touch base with family and friends - quick things like hen we're meeting, or I'll send them a pic they can look at whenever they have time

If I have a longer message, I'll typically use email.  I see them enough in person that I only tend to call for special things - like a birthday, or if we have to talk through some specific task  (I remotely helped a friend set up her new tablet)/

3 hours ago, shootingstar said:

I'm supposed to get motivated  by all this. Ok. Well, I'll sleep for awhile. 

As you can tell, Twitter never turned me on. To promote my blog better, I'm supposed to fire hose it out via Twitter, FB and Instagram.

Are you that interested in promoting your blog? Hmmm!

I don't care to promote mine as it's just a diary for me to look back on time to time. 

I am surprised to see the various countries that have viewed my blog.  Interesting to think people in Croatia   Russia,  and other countries know who Mr. Beanz is, ha ha ha. 

Interesting but when it comes down to it,  I don't really care. Like I said,  just my diary. 

Strange you don't seem interested in social media but yet want to promote your blog. 🤔

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, Mr. Beanz said:

Are you that interested in promoting your blog? Hmmm!

I don't care to promote mine as it's just a diary for me to look back on time to time. 

I am surprised to see the various countries that have viewed my blog.  Interesting to think people in Croatia   Russia,  and other countries know who Mr. Beanz is, ha ha ha. 

Interesting but when it comes down to it,  I don't really care. Like I said,  just my diary. 

Strange you don't seem interested in social media but yet want to promote your blog. 🤔

I said the opposite...I didn't want to make the effort Beanz, even though I'm supposed to, as a proper blogger.

Beanz my career is heavily on information systems.. structuring information for organizations to that people can find it / teaching them how to create/find information. I am the super/uber user and trainer. So social media, iphone..it's just well more digital for me. More tools.

My fun is cycling, and if I wasn't so lazy, it is creating stuff....which my blog writing is quite different from yours. And one day, get back into making art.

2 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I said the opposite...I didn't want to make the effort Beanz, even though I'm supposed to, as a proper blogger.

Beanz my career is heavily on information systems.. structuring information for organizations to that people can find it / teaching them how to create/find information. I am the super/uber user and trainer. So social media, iphone..it's just well more digital for me. More tools.

My fun is cycling, and if I wasn't so lazy, it is creating stuff....which my blog writing is quite different from yours. And one day, get back into making art.

I understand what you said. You said Twitter didn't turn you on to promote your blog. 

But that means you want to promote But just not through Twitter. 

13 hours ago, shootingstar said:

I actually dislike poking around on tiny keys to text message people on iphone. Too slow, too prone to errors.  Whereas this good friend tells me she won't read any emails.

Honest, I find it very inefficient to do a text message. But of course, not worth a phone call for certain messages.

I don't care. Spending alot of time hunched over an iphone do a much text messaging, is not really me. ...because communication to me is more than just  5 words.  I send out  an email every few wks. on stuff. ...from home desktop. 

A stylus is your friend!

• Heart 1

22 hours ago, shootingstar said:

The voice recognition on my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone is excellent.  Whether I'm recording a grocery list or sending a text, I use it instead of typing.  There are some words that sometimes are a problem - "quart" the other day - and I have to type it on those tiny keys, but that doesn't happen often.

My biggest problem with text messages is when someones sends by text an invitation, a picture, etc. to 10-20 people at a time and I'm one of them, my bluetooth connection to my landline phone announces every text message and, for the next 10 minutes after the original invitation, etc. reached my phone, I hear over and over "Text message from ... XXX" Where XXX is either a name or a phone number I don't recognize.