Iced Tea

Airehead

3 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I am going to try again. I used cold water. 

The hotter the water the more tannins that steep into the tea. There is a fine line between too strong and too weak. For slow steep tea (sun tea) I find hot tap water to be about perfect.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Allen said:

Big jug

3 bags Louzianne

Fill the jug with hot tap water with the spigot set to spray

Let it sit in the sun until it is properly dark

1/3 cup sugar

Big-ish pinch of pixie dust 

Serve over ice with a sprig of mint and lemon (lime and no mint is acceptable but not optimal). 

Thanks for the recipe!  I've never made Sun Tea before but have wanted to give it a try.  I think I will.  I have some loose tea I put in infusion cannisters when I brew it that I need to use up with flavors like Mango, Peach, and Apricot.  They should work well: they make good hot teas.

• Heart 1

Just now, Airehead said:

Today’s is better. Not perfect. 

Look, we can't all be Southern.  It is in our DNA to be able to make iced tea, fried chicken, chicken fried steak and as you move westward in the South, chili.  

My grandmother on my father's  side made the best sweet tea I have ever tasted.  

• Awesome 2

Just now, jsharr said:

Look, we can't all be Southern.  It is in our DNA to be able to make iced tea, fried chicken, chicken fried steak and as you move westward in the South, chili.  

My grandmother on my father's  side made the best sweet tea I have ever tasted.  

I will just visit @Allen again and drink my fill. 

• Awesome 3

11 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

well, if you like your tea bubbly ;)

Bubble Tea is a big thing down here.  I have never had it.  I will stick to my sun tea with fresh picked mint.  I wonder if my grandmother used baking soda.  I do not.  I may try.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1