Today was almost perfect

petitepedal

14 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Sunshine and great temps...more like summers I remember..although I grew up 200 miles north of here. Perfect would have been less wind :cheerleader:

We've had an amazing June in terms of very pleasant weather with highs typically in the upper-70's to mid-80's.  Yesterday was the 3rd day in June I bothered to turn on the central air conditioning in my house, and only for several hours.  The contractor put those fantastic, many-variable-speeds, 5' Hunter ceiling fans with lights in every room of my house and I feel comfortable in the living/TV room at 84° with the fan silently moving the air.  Going outside when it feels hotter is less of a shock than when going outside from my normally 78° central air setting.

Back before air conditioned schools, there were typically days in early June when schools in Central Maryland were closed because of mid-to-high 90's temperatures.  The last 3 days of June this year have high temperature forecasts of 83°, 79°, and 85° with the "feels like" highs just 1-2° higher because of unusually lower humidity and clouds.  The avg. historical high temperature now is 90° that "feels like 98°" due to high humidity.

That's great, because we've got our worst months yet to come.

July and August, with typical 90's temps and very high humidity, is the price we pay for having the Chesapeake Bay run almost all the way through the middle of "The Land of Pleasant Living."