Wedding Gift Ideas

ChrisL

I’ll be attending a wedding for one of my older sisters step sons.  The dude was a long term bachelor and is in his early 40’s. He and his bride are both well off & established and are not registered anywhere.  I was talking to my sister (his step mom) Saturday and she said they don’t want nor need anything. 

We don’t want to arrive empty handed though so are struggling with what to get them.

Any ideas???

A gas card.  But you had better be getting a REALLY good dinner

Discussing wedding plans yesterday, the kids are just throwing a BBQ, with lawn games and such.  They also don't want gifts as combining households created a lot of duplicates.  They were joking about raffles, and it came around to door prize drawings for the guests!  A great way to get rid of the duplicate stuff!

• Heart 3

Most of the weddings I've gone to for older couples (or for second marriages) have a charity designated since the couples don't need anything and in many cases they're earning more than most of their guests.  

I generally go with cash at weddings since it tends to fit everyone, but if for some reason that's really not appropriate (and hard for me to think of that reason), you could consider a gift membership at a nearby museum/botanical garden etc. if they'd use something like that.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

5 hours ago, 12string said:

They also don't want gifts as combining households created a lot of duplicates.  They were joking about raffles, and it came around to door prize drawings for the guests!  A great way to get rid of the duplicate stuff!

the guests get to rummage through the house for something good? 1st one up gets the 77" Sony big screen w/surround sound  :dontknow:  :default_sissy-fight-smiley:  :D

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1