Barley John's is closing

petitepedal

A place near, seems to have some new servers....every time I drop by for snack take-out..that's several times/wk.! :blink: It wasn't quite like that pre-covid. 

Anyway, I went there with friends from out of province. We waited well over an hr. for our simple, thin crust pizza.  (thin crust pizza cooks alot faster).  I  knew this place makes pizzas faster based on other years' of service.  The waitress apologized profusely...their kitchen chef suddenly up and left!  As consolation was free desserts.

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I think they brew in Hudson now. 

23 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

@BR46 New Richmond

I've been to both those towns before. 

Maybe Wo46 and I will jump on the motorcycle sometime soon and meet you in New Richmond for a sandwich and a beer. 

• Heart 1

On 6/27/2022 at 9:29 PM, petitepedal said:

Barley John's is closing

13 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Aw, that is your place!  What has been chosen to succeed it?

I think the new and improved Barley John's - owned and operated by Petite!!!  She has the skills needed to breath new life into her favorite place.

Go for it Petite!!  :cheerleader:

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

On 6/27/2022 at 10:03 PM, petitepedal said:

No...not directly..but I think, lack of employees, cost of food and supply chain..I am not sure but I believe it is the restaurant operation that is closing..not the brewery they opened in WI.

An extremely popular carryout, that's been voted every year for decades "Baltimore's Best Hotdog," is now closing at 7 pm instead of 9 pm because of a lack of employees. That amazes me: they're paid fairly well and there's almost always a long line to typically get "a double-dog with everything:" two footlong hotdogs on a bun with a thick, delicious chili that doesn't run, mustard and onions - cheese extra.

The place is so popular that citizen protests caused an "eminent domain" claim to the land by the county to be reversed when land was claimed to build a big mall.  Now "Ann's Dari Creme" is the only business directly facing the highway along the three blocks of the mall's highway space.  It has to be a gold mine but they can't find the workers to mine it!