You ever try/use hard drugs?

Mr. Beanz

Just talking to someone. She's telling me about a neighbor,  25 or so. Was a hard working girl then got caught up in drugs. She's a big girl   lost so much weight  others don't recognize her.  She was whacked out Just a few minutes ago climbing over another neighbors fence teasing their dog, a German Shepherd. Not a good idea but drugs will do that I guess. 

A guy at work.  Seemed to be a hard worker,  the first couple of days. Then started showing up high on meth. Sad because he's the cousin of the two office girls who talked our boss into giving him a chance. 

Poor guy  wracking out in front of the others.  Everybody's like  WOW!  But it seems the girls are trying to cover for him as he shows up to work about 3 hours twice a week.  Sad sight to see a young man deal with this. 

I myself have never touched hard drugs. Back in the day, I cherished my body and loved playing sports   feeling strong 💪

I was on a traveling softball tournament team. Our sponsors used to pay our fees, buy us jerseys,  feed us between games at local buffets. I felt too good to think of doing anything bad to my body. 

One of my buddies worked in the auto repair customizing industry. Dude had the baddest cars in town.   Dropped Z38 Camaro slammed to the ground with moon roof. 

Classic El Camino,  also tricked out. Other really tricked out cars that I'd drive around at night   club to club because these guys made getting wated and drunk their main hobby. I  actually had fun  bouncers knew me  bartenders too. I'd get free entrance and free drinks (glass of diet Coke, unlimited as the DD).

Till one night, driving around   one of my buds whips out a mirror and there it goes  up their noses. 

IMy bud asks if I want to try.  No thanks and my other buddy says  NO!, YOU DON'T NEED TO TRY IT!". 

Glad he said NO,  I was the youngest and good he was looking out for me and he knew how I was about playing sports.  

I never have tried or touched the stuff and never wanted to.

Heck, I  drink a beer every 30 years and I'm proud of myself. 😉

• Heart 1

No.

Back when I was in college, in Milwaukee...  the summer of 1976 I took some summer classes. 

One day I went down to the lake where there were having some free music concerts with Ben another student.   A guy walks up to us and asks, "Do you want to buy some LSD?"   I tell him, "No."   The guy walks away...  and Ben tells me... "Good choice, they have some bad LSD here."    :facepalm:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

No. I wasn't even in interested in trying smoking. I think my addiction was reading alot.... I'm not kiddin'. I ploughed through alot of novels earlier in life.

My BIL had a brother so long ago....who died of a drug overdose in his mid-20's.  This was an upper middle class family. My BIL is the engineering professor.  Yes, no family is perfect. 

I just hope my youngest niece and nephew will not touch drugs... it wouldn't surprise me, the mother, thinks about this enough since she is a physician. I'm certain my sister-pharmacist sat down with her children (now 3 adults in their 20's) for a long talk.

• Heart 1

I was probably one of the few cops who had tried cocaine.  My BIL left a bindle of coke at our house and I found it. I was about 10 & figured it was coke so tasted it like they do on the cop shows.  My whole tongue, then face went numb.  

As I had to polygraph I admitted it to every Dept I applied with. Some depts had a zero tolerance policy, some didn’t care given the circumstances & my age. 

• Heart 3

Sitting here with a bottle of Hydrocodone. Had an initial Rx for 12, used 3. Went in yesterday for tooth pull and CVS cent a message that Rx was ready for pickup. The dentist ordered more before I told them I had 9 left. As I went to CVS to pick up the antibiotic, refused the Hydrocodone. Doing good today as I took 2 yesterday with the last just before bed, but may take one this morning just to stay ahead. 

Wife had opposite experience following knee replacement. While the doctor prescribed the more powerful variant, Oxytocin AND over-medicated, she used it conservatively at probably half the prescribed dosage. Within a week created a dependence where experienced withdrawal symptoms when stopping, requiring a decreasing schedule.

Me personally, with never abusing drugs I have little tolerance. Still remember when having gall bladder removed telling the doctor that pain was localized elsewhere. Said he would look around while in there but to remind him. Valium did a number on me and I don't even recall being wheeled to the OR...much less reminding the doctor. I got a 2 for 1 special though as he removed the appendix thinking a growth was a rare form of cancer, having to wait a day or so for the pathology report confirming, only to return "grossly inflamed". While good news not cancer, and appendix ready to burst is life threatening in and of itself. 

Similar happened with my surgery last Oct for the hematoma following the bike accident. Valium IV cocktail in pre-op and don't remember the trip into the OR.

This one I do remember being wheeled into the OR and shivering as it was cold...but I was in la-la land. Pre-op remember nurse and wife annoyed and rolling their eye, Later learned that the patient in the curtain cubical next to me was getting a breast job. The doctor was apparently marking her breast and giving explicit detail of what he was going to do in surgery. I missed it.

Then there was the sedation for a Colonoscopy. Coming to I see the outline of my wife and begin uttering sweet nothings on how hot she is. Then as I come to more "Oh, you're not my wife". It was the nurse and both she and my wife who was next to me but out of line of vision were both laughing at my expense.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I did morphine a couple of times. It was painful.  Not the drug, the pre requisition for getting the drug.

OK...  if this category is included... 

When I was in the hospital for pancreatitis, I was a trooper and refused the pain meds most of the time.   Pancreatitis is VERY pain full.   So much so it hurt to breath.  My O2 levels were soooo low (I guess not breathing is a bad thing) that I got to stay in intensive care for 3 days.

Sooo  about 2 weeks into this (did I say pancreatitis is VERY pain full?)  I finally just needed to sleep for more than 1 hour, so I gave in and asked for DRUGS.   I got morphine in my IV.   No change... the pain was still rather unbearable.    Then I got fentanyl injected into my IV.   I could sleep.  (or was I passed out??)   WoBG was worried that I'd be addicted.  I told her don't worry that's not going to happen.  I had it only 2 or 3 times, then I quit that too.   I decided I'd rather have the pain.  

Eventually the pain subsided.    Then I got to do breathing exercises every 2 to 3 hours.   I had to get my lung capacity back to normal before they would let me go home.   Keep in mind... my lung capacity was just fine on my 25 mile bike ride earlier in the day when all of this stared.      I was told by the docs to start walking in the halls of the hospital.   WoBG was happy about that.    I walked maybe 100 feet down the hall and turned around to go back to the room.  WoBG...  you need to keep on walking.  I told her I feel like I just ran a marathon.... I'm going back to the room.

• Heart 2

15 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

OK...  if this category is included... 

When I was in the hospital for pancreatitis, I was a trooper and refused the pain meds most of the time.   Pancreatitis is VERY pain full.   So much so it hurt to breath.  My O2 levels were soooo low (I guess not breathing is a bad thing) that I got to stay in intensive care for 3 days.

Sooo  about 2 weeks into this (did I say pancreatitis is VERY pain full?)  I finally just needed to sleep for more than 1 hour, so I gave in and asked for DRUGS.   I got morphine in my IV.   No change... the pain was still rather unbearable.    Then I got fentanyl injected into my IV.   I could sleep.  (or was I passed out??)   WoBG was worried that I'd be addicted.  I told her don't worry that's not going to happen.  I had it only 2 or 3 times, then I quit that too.   I decided I'd rather have the pain.  

Eventually the pain subsided.    Then I got to do breathing exercises every 2 to 3 hours.   I had to get my lung capacity back to normal before they would let me go home.   Keep in mind... my lung capacity was just fine on my 25 mile bike ride earlier in the day when all of this stared.      I was told by the docs to start walking in the halls of the hospital.   WoBG was happy about that.    I walked maybe 100 feet down the hall and turned around to go back to the room.  WoBG...  you need to keep on walking.  I told her I feel like I just ran a marathon.... I'm going back to the room.

I have always said, morphine doesn't kill the pain, you just don't care about it as much. :) 

10 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I bought some hashish when I was in high school. Later I was told it was mixed with opium. Didn’t do much for me. 
When I was in middle and high school was fascinated with drugs, but also feared them and never tried the hard ones. 

Nepalese Temple Balls is what we called them. Black hash with thin streaks of white. Or so I heard.

• Haha 1

Never anything too hard.  Back in the mid 70's I used to smoke  a little pot.  I did speed several time (Black Beauties).  That was a trip - couldn't slow down, couldn't stop moving.  I did quaaludes a couple times.  That stuff would mellow you out - turned me into a zombie for several hours and then I'd sleep for about a day - no thanks.

Boy buncha goodie 2 shoes here. Or liars?

Pot in the 70's & early 80's. Some cocaine...and I think what we called crank (meth?) But crank was too harsh for me. Speed with the coke sometimes (cross tops?)  But I never wanted to alter my mind so no LSD and things like that. By the early 80's I needed to start getting my shit together & quit all. Then the later surgeries & Chron's disease plus colonoscopies. But that was pain related & not for fun & games

• Heart 3

No hard drugs for me.  Besides alcohol, I did marijuana on occasion and "hash oil" a couple times out of curiosity when I was young.  When I was in my 40's, someone at a party had grass and my brother, sister, and I had never smoked it together so we did it just for laughs.  That was the last time I got high on anything except alcohol.

It got to the point where I didn't like the near-instant high I got from grass: I preferred to work my way to a mild buzz with a few beers or some wine and stop there.

3 hours ago, BuffJim said:

I bought some hashish when I was in high school. Later I was told it was mixed with opium. Didn’t do much for me. 
When I was in middle and high school was fascinated with drugs, but also feared them and never tried the hard ones. 

I never came across hash back in the day and still don’t think it’s common on the street.  I think it’s just to hard to produce to make it worthwhile.  But Cheech & Chong did kinda glamorize it in the 70’s.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Scrapr said:

Some cocaine...and I think what we called crank (meth?)

We had a lot of crank in my high school. It would burn your nose, but it was cheaper than cocaine and would last much longer in it’s effects. Hash, pot, mushrooms, LSD also circulated. I saw more drugs in high school than college, although the quality of the pot generally improved.

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

A buddy and I were going to a neighboring town to see some ladies in our college class. Stopped by a friend's apartment and he invited us to a pot party. Some of the girls there were high school "what if we get caught" blah, blah blah. We declined and went to the neighboring town. On the way back, see party is still going on with the lights low so we just quietly rolled in. While we were in Mike's car, we were both lifeguards and I was a volunteer fireman. He had a megaphone and flashlights in his trunk. Quietly went up to the door, yanked it open shining a light on my (fireman) badge. He blasts on the megaphone "This is the police, the place is surrounded, do not try to run" Mass pandemonium pursued, and the owner did recognize Mike's voice, inviting us is. So realistic though that two of the high school girls, who were already on edge, wet themselves. :D

That was one of my better practical jokes! Success :happyanim:

Forum gold B)

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

We had a lot of crank in my high school. It would burn your nose, but it was cheaper than cocaine and would last much longer in it’s effects. Hash, pot, mushrooms, LSD also circulated. I saw more drugs in high school than college, although the quality of the pot generally improved.

In the late 80’s speed/crank/meth was the drug if choice. I dealt with more speed than anything else.  A distant second was pot & then cocaine & heroin.  

17 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

In the late 80’s speed/crank/meth was the drug if choice. I dealt with more speed than anything else.  A distant second was pot & then cocaine & heroin.  

We had a motorcycle club chapter nearby that I have since learned was a major crank distributor for the East Coast. They weren’t the Hells Angels, but the Pagans were fairly lawless.

• Heart 1