Bikeman - More My Style!

Razors Edge

It looks cool but a bit too bold for my tastes.  

Kudos to Cannondale EF for equipping the ladies team with the same bikes, groupo & wheels as the men.  I saw a video recently (cycling tips maybe?) where they profiled several womens teams bikes and I was bummed to see many teams put the ladies on Ultegra, Force or lower spec frames.  

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

they profiled several womens teams bikes and I was bummed to see many teams put the ladies on Ultegra, Force or lower spec frames.  

Yeah - we saw that at the Olympics and Worlds.  Luckily, the gap is very small between the various Shimano gruppos (DA, Ultegra, and now 105) probably the same for SRAM and Campy, and sometimes its might make sense to cut that corner in order to do some other things that a really tight budget requires.  

But it sure looks bad when a female wins a huge race, and the sponsor's finish photo shows the lower level or previous generation equipment. :facepalm:  

• Heart 2

Just now, Razors Edge said:

I wonder how the marketing folks convinced the engineers to create that huge billboard of a downtube!!!!

Probably as simple as hookers and blow?

I agree, and don't like it, but I couldn't do a Project One Madone, which is out and won't even let you play with their online toy.

My logo is very subtle.

Untitled photo

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

A woman I know just got this project one earlier this year

image.png.fc28d50dc9ddf6e1c091973559910907.png

That color looks very similar.  Do you know what it is?  I believe mine is called amplified alchemy.   It's magical in the sun.

Oddly when I bought my bike I was going to the shop to ride a Domane and order it in the color I now have. I was talking to the guy about it and he said it's an awesome color.  I said if only I could see it.  He said turn around and there was my bike up on a pedestal just waiting to be bought.

It was a Madone, known for being a more aggressive ride, but I've had it for a year and a half and been surprised that this 58-year-old can still ride it.

It seems their Project One system doesn't allow for as much customization as before.

Just now, Square Wheels said:

That color looks very similar.  Do you know what it is?  I believe mine is called amplified alchemy.   It's magical in the sun.

Oddly when I bought my bike I was going to the shop to ride a Domane and order it in the color I now have. I was talking to the guy about it and he said it's an awesome color.  I said if only I could see it.  He said turn around and there was my bike up on a pedestal just waiting to be bought.

It was a Madone, known for being a more aggressive ride, but I've had it for a year and a half and been surprised that this 58-year-old can still ride it.

It seems their Project One system doesn't allow for as much customization as before.

I don't know the color name. I've seen it in person and the color changes depending on the light. Here's another one of her pics, where it looks blue.

image.png.c615e5ea3657c7f20ce49550abcbe52e.png

19 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

That's too big IMO. If I were to buy one, I'd get the trek decal in a non bright color, like SW.

I find it odd how Specialized has de-emphasized their name on my current bike vs my older bike (not to mention super de-emphasizing the MODEL name as well):

image.thumb.png.11612bac483df1a1197f4c5c407d3f91.png

image.thumb.png.418130dc88ac435c9ec5ff839be6ee71.png

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I find it odd how Specialized has de-emphasized their name on my current bike vs my older bike (not to mention super de-emphasizing the MODEL name as well):

Originally Cannondale had a small name on the top tube, then went bigger on the down tube (like mine). Then went smaller on the top tube, now bigger on down tube again:blink: I also don't like how Cannondale now uses what looks like a standard arial font  :(   I wish they would always use their own

image.png.d21973a8539d3084a7b9375b753d9ec2.png

my 2010

image.png.4d91fd23b2b20c7eb3cbb9d6592d75e7.png

image.png.7a4521484ead7e12eba95339a78ceff8.png

image.png.078f93c9e2ed66ec9c97d492d856d3fc.png

• Heart 1