I Joined, But It Is Doubtful!

Razors Edge

9 hours ago, Mr. Beanz said:

I'd ride 30-40k every month for 6 months prepping for timed climbing events up until 2010.

They didn't have strava when I was riding at my best. 🤣

Yeah, it's not a matter of "if" it can be done, it's a matter of actually doing it.  My challenge is the 30 flat miles I have to ride in addition to any hilly miles each ride, so I'm putting in way too many hours.  I guess I could prioritize big rides on a both weekend days, but that's hard to do.

But where you are, maybe you can rekindle the good old days!  6 months of 30-40k would be a great goal!

15 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

..that I will complete this TdF challenge on strava. 42,000 feet is a LOT for one month of riding.  More like 3 months of riding (or, at least, 2 months of nice weather riding)!

Looking in Strava, my biggest climbing year was 2018 with 70,449 feet. So I can't do 42K in a month.

• Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

The hilliest route I am aware of around here is 19 miles and about 2000 feet of climbing.  I'd need to do that more than 20 times in a month.  Not gonna happen.

There is a ride called, Michigan Mountain Mayhem, that I still want to do. The longest route IIRC is 125 miles, and 7000 feet of climbing. That's probably the most climbing you can do in Michigan during one road ride. It takes place in the  upper left portion of the mitten.

12 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Looking in Strava, my biggest climbing year was 2018 with 70,449 feet. So I can't do 42K in a month.

March '21 and May '21 when I was in CA by lots of hills, I was getting 30k/month.  Back home, last Oct was a high month at just 27k.  I can do it for sure, but it ain't a "gimme" like most Strava challenges.

Considering my "go to" ride of 30 miles is under 1k elevation, it's more about going for the goal hardcore or just enjoy seeing how close I can get.

• Awesome 1