Lowering my bar

BR46

58 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I hang out in some low life dive bars.

Years ago... when there was a class reunion for Marquette University in Milwaukee.   I took WoBG to one of the bars I visited a LOT when I was in college.  

WoBG asked me...    "Why would you come here?"    I explained...   'We were in college.  25 cent beers were good   10 cent beer night was even better.'

Yeah.. the place was a dive.. and we spend a lot of time there..

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Years ago... when there was a class reunion for Marquette University in Milwaukee.   I took WoBG to one of the bars I visited a LOT when I was in college.  

WoBG asked me...    "Why would you come here?"    I explained...   'We were in college.  25 cent beers were good   10 cent beer night was even better.'

Yeah.. the place was a dive.. and we spend a lot of time there..

Those are the best places for beer and fun

• Heart 3

5 hours ago, Kzoo said:

At least they don't have motorcycle racing on TV.  :) 

No racing but they will turn it on if requested and they have a cool picture on the wall. 

20220629_201954.jpg.f771c177e020c904239aa212683fa8b5.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Haha 1

I like Dive Bars. NY state is filled with them. But I’ve never become a regular. The closest dive bar to me is about a mile away, and I haven’t been in it. Slightly closer are a pizzeria with a pub, and a brewpub, which I’ve been in a couple times. 

12 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I like Dive Bars. NY state is filled with them. But I’ve never become a regular. The closest dive bar to me is about a mile away, and I haven’t been in it. Slightly closer are a pizzeria with a pub, and a brewpub, which I’ve been in a couple times. 

All the bars in town are with in walking distance for me.

On 6/29/2022 at 9:41 PM, BR46 said:

Cap's tap finally started painting the place...bathrooms are still questionable 

20220629_201954.thumb.jpg.3fab7174ba1a1e684704725555275162.jpg

I am gonna need a bourbon menu.  I see Jim and I also see Jack (though not bourbon) and WTF is Segrams 7 doing on the top shelf?  I call Shennanigans.  

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

I am gonna need a bourbon menu.  I see Jim and I also see Jack (though not bourbon) and WTF is Segrams 7 doing on the top shelf?  I call Shennanigans.  

Segrams is top shelf in this bar.

You should have seen this place before Cap bought the place and started to remodel and paint. I know women who won't use the bathroom in this place. 

• Haha 1

We stopped in on our walk for a quick beer (wait out the rain) at Cap's tap.

Here's a few more photos from my local dive bar or commonly known in this area.....a corner bar. Parr asked why is Segrams top shelf....this might explain why. 

The beer cooler 20220702_180329.thumb.jpg.6734a2c1fda05446a462b7a18dd922d9.jpg

and yes if someone opens the door while someone sitting on the can the bar gets to see all. But they surve some fantastic BBQ. 

20220702_181514.thumb.jpg.31af26a7a7d8326c46bd29090c76dc90.jpg

Then we walked over to Kamandas tap. The closest bar to my house and the bar that I have a key for. 

Yes those are bra's and a few pairs of underwear hanging on the skull. 

20220702_184257.thumb.jpg.924cfc53d84e1f552dc73d90ccfe31f1.jpg

Both these bars you can get pretty shit faced at for under $20

• Heart 2