Mesmerizing time waster

Tizeye

3 hours ago, Tizeye said:

Other than here. :D

Just received an email from the State Park system advising they installed a 360-degree webcam at the John Pennecamp Coral Reef State Park. This was a first in the nation underwater State Park. OK, a small portion is above water to rent and dock the boats plus camping and other activity...but the majority of the park is off shore. Located on the first island at the top of the Keys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qEqn_2M-rs

We had a mostly-water State Park in a cypress swamp near the Atlantic Ocean that, as group of 8-10 college kids, we used to rent 3 spaces to set up tents and sneak-in 2 more behind those 3.  The campgrounds were in a big circle with a shower/lavatory building in the middle of the circle so we didn't have to rough it.

It was called "Shad Landing State Park" but is now "Pocomoke River State Park" which has a "Shad Landing Area."  I don't know if they enlarged the park or reduced the part called Shad Landing.  It wasn't an underwater park, though I guess some scuba dived in places.  It was - and I suppose is - a great place to take rented canoes and explore the swamp.  Black bears are not a problem and the other animals frequently encountered are fun.

Now that my brother has a sleeps-4 trailer than he can tow behind his truck, maybe we'll do a trip there.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

The pessimist side of me likes this but anticipates the first human shark attack caught on a live-cam.

Sort of like the cockpit cams of the 80's that were quickly removed after the passengers of an American DC-10 got to watch their own demise.   

I bet those passengers had some good stories to tell!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

The pessimist side of me likes this but anticipates the first human shark attack caught on a live-cam.

Sort of like the cockpit cams of the 80's that were quickly removed after the passengers of an American DC-10 got to watch their own demise.   

I don’t want a dash cam because it would be too nanny-like with speed and such.