Merry Christmas to me

Gump

31 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Very nice!  The waiting must be tough, it would be on me but soooo worth the wait!

Unless you get lucky and find a bike in a shop, you’re going to wait for pretty much anything right now.

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Those are nice bikes, congratulations. The expected delivery dates are worst case scenarios, you could see them sooner than that. You Trek dealer should be able to tell you how many are on back order nationwide. 

He said by next week he would have an update on delivery dates. Not likely to have them for our trip west though.

13 minutes ago, Gump said:

Yes, the only other option is an unattractive blue. We’ll be like tweedle dee and tweedle dum😁

I our 4th grade Alice in Wonderland class play, I was Tweedle-Dee and a guy named Charles was Tweedle-Dum.  I think our only lines were to introduce ourselves, link arms and dance in a circle while we sang to Alice, "How do you do and shake hands, shake hands, shake hands.  How do you do and shake hands and state your name and business."

Years later, I taught Charles' daughter in high school.  Of course, I told her to call him Tweedle-Dum!

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

Amazing how well the cables are all hidden.

That's one of the reasons I decided against last years Domane.  I saw the Madone with zero cable exposure, then the Domane with a lot.  When I was there today I was surprised to see how little cable is exposed now.

Only a matter of time before there are no more cables.  My shifting is wireless, brakes will be too at some point.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

That's one of the reasons I decided against last years Domane.  I saw the Madone with zero cable exposure, then the Domane with a lot.  When I was there today I was surprised to see how little cable is exposed now.

Only a matter of time before there are no more cables.  My shifting is wireless, brakes will be too at some point.

From the guy who rides a steel frame with external cable routing… I agree I really like the hidden cables look.  

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Gump said:

So Gumpettes bike came in this week and we picked it up yesterday. Mine was supposed to arrive in November. Before we left the shop Ted checked to see if there was any update on mine. At first he couldn’t find it in the computer. Come to find out, it will be in the shop this Wednesday. 😁😁😁

But you can’t ride it until Christmas. 

• Haha 3

This thread made me realize how predictable I am.  I didn't realize it was a bump at first and was getting ready to post when I saw a post by me saying almost the same thing. :nodhead:  Can't wait to hear about all the fun next weekend once your bike gets here too.

• Heart 3