It starts tomorrow. Do you plan to watch?

Road Runner

It takes some watching of the other tours to get familiar with the latest gc contenders. But it's all good. 

Some of the upcoming riders just a couple short years ago   announcers were saying they couldn't be beT. But they're getting beat by the new gc riders generation so that's always cool. 😄

• Heart 1

It's on the premium Peacock streaming channel, yes?  I imagine I will pony up for that... though I generally don't have time to watch all of a day's stage (weekdays, at least).  Last year NBCSN or whatever they called themselves had about a half-hour highlight show that was great.

With no input or encouragement from me, my daughter took it upon herself to watch some of the women's Tour of Italy earlier today. :D

34 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

For most of the flat stages, I may only watch the last 30 minutes or so.  

For flat stages, I watch the first 30 mins or so to get the latest news at the start.  After a good look at the stage - like if there are key sprint points along the way or maybe strong crosswinds - I'll make note of that and likely tune in for those bits.  I then look for the break to get established, and if all that sorts out okay, I will watch those bits plus the final 10 km or so to see the catch and the set up for the sprint.

• Heart 1

Most years I don't really care who wins, so I like having it on in the background for scenery, commentary on the strategy (or historical info about the locations) and as a way to get to know the current riders.  Watching the Tour is part of summer.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, JerrySTL said:

Thanks for the tip. I set up a series recording of it on my DVR just 5 minutes before the start. 

Yeah - it was a sneaky change.  NBC axed NBC Sports and the Olympic channels, but for some unknown reason, USA made the cut, so they moved it there.  Goofy.  My DVR automatically records the Tour year after year, but this year, the channel change meant it didn't "see" it until I updated it to record from USA.  

I didn't look to see if tomorrow they begin the pre-show again or if that is gone completely.  I liked that 30 min lead in, so I'm interested to see where it goes.

From the NBC Sports website:

2022 Tour de France Key Information

When is the 2022 Tour de France? What time does coverage start?

The 2022 Tour de France will take place from July 1-July 24. Coverage of stage 1 begins at 9:30 a.m. ET on Peacock and USA Network.

How can I watch the 2022 Tour de France?

Stream all 21 stages of the 2022 Tour de France from start to finish, or watch on-demand on NBC, USA, and Peacock. All NBC and USA coverage also streams on NBCSports.com/live and the NBC Sports app. Click here for the full broadcast schedule.