Boss' Boss

Parr8hed

12 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Called me yesterday.  The big dog in this area.  

"Parr8, we have done a market adjustment on your salary". 

"OK?" , I am thinking that they are cutting money because they are paying nurses too much.  

"Effective last paycheck you will see an additional 3.50 an hour on top of your base pay"

Dang!  Now I can almost afford to fill up to 3/4 of a tank instead of just half!

Nothing I asked for, but I will damn sure take it!

Does this mean you won’t leave?  We just market adjusted our nurses some at 5.50 more. Others a bit less. They seemed happy. 

• Heart 1

52 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Called me yesterday.  The big dog in this area.  

"Parr8, we have done a market adjustment on your salary". 

"OK?" , I am thinking that they are cutting money because they are paying nurses too much.  

"Effective last paycheck you will see an additional 3.50 an hour on top of your base pay"

Dang!  Now I can almost afford to fill up to 3/4 of a tank instead of just half!

Nothing I asked for, but I will damn sure take it!

A surprise raise is always a thrill.  An extra $7000/year, assuming a 2000 hr work/year is something to celebrate!  Congratulations!

• Heart 1

29 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Are you getting a company car. A panel van with “Bubba’s Blood Cleaning & Filtration” in vinyl wrap. That would be dope. 

That's the good news. The bad news is that with the shortage of new vehicles, they have to repurpose an old hearse to give him.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Hopefully that's more than inflation and it is a real rise in income.

Nursing is one career where there's always job openings.

More than likely it just matches inflation and is not truly a raise.  But I will take it. 

• Heart 1

Good news and smart move.   If there are other jobs available at that rate, much better for the company to pay their existing staff than have to hire and train new people at that rate.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

Can you have your boss' boss call my boss?  I have been trying to get cost of living increases for our office staff and my appeals are falling on deaf ears.

<phone rings>

Jsharr's Boss: Hello, Jsharr's boss.

Parr8's Boss' Boss:  I have a business proposition for you.

Jsharr's Boss: Oh, really? What's that?

Parr8's Boss' Boss: Give Jsharr's office staff cost of living increases, or I'm sending the Parr8 over to harvest all your organs and stick you in a tub full of ice.

Jsharr's Boss: AAAAAIIIIEEEEE! Not the Parr8!  Cost of living raises for the entire office, retroactive to Jan 1st, but call off the Parr8! 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

The last market adjustment I gave to staff was 100% based on years of service.  I had a horrible performer, I was not able to get rid of them.  HR was impossible to deal with.  I gave her an $11 an hour raise as part of the adjustment.  I on the other hand was already considered overpaid and got nothing.

• Sad 1